XLII

[A/N: i dunno why, but clopphy looks adorable for me right now. 😅 Omg. I feel like going crazy for thinking he's adorable in this work.]

Robbit, for some reason, chose a different path to insanity than his baby brother.

"He must've despised Grandpa Benedict because his train of thought differed from the former." Hellion exhales and turns to face who appeared to be protecting himself by sitting pretty on his lap. Robbit still had some distance against him, and Callen brilliantly thought of that.

In comparison to when he's with Alver or his retainers, even Clopeh isn't trying to approach him.

Hellion also noticed Callie's adorable habit of playing with their fingers while holding him by his tummy. No wonder Alver would pat this boy's tummy while Callen stretched out, murdered, or tickled his fingers one by one.

"Granny," Callen said to his old butler. He requested to be carried, which the older man gladly granted. "My feet hurt."

Ron sat down and placed his master on his lap. He removed the child's shoes and noticed a reddish bruise on his pinky and toes.

"It appears they forgot to break your winter shoes, My little lord," the old man said as he massaged Callen's feet. He took out a pair of socks and made Callen wear them in case of emergency.

Hellion observed how the lowly butler looked after his younger brother like a true family member. He recognized those gentle and tender caresses. Their smiles were genuine as if they were only meant for the child in front of them.

Ron took Callen in his arms and returned him to his room. He notices his younger brother adorably yawning and resting his head on the crook of Ron's neck. He wrapped his arms around the old man and closed his eyes as if he were safe.

The servants at the Witton Palace were not ordinary, but they were ordinary men before Callen.

Hellion rose to his feet and followed them. He didn't have anything else to do, so he took a nap with Callen. While Robbit was talking with Clopeh, Alver went to meet with Paerun Kingdom's Royal Secretary, Rock Sekka.

"You should sleep on the bed, Your Highness," Ron advised as he placed Callen in bed. The fox quilt appears to be cozy, especially with the children enjoying it.

"I can."

"His sleep will be much better if his brother holds him to sleep."

He felt giddy as he sat down beside Callen after hearing that. The toddler became aware of his presence and moved closer to him. Callen wrapped his arms around his waist and made a pillow out of his arms.

"Perfect," Ron said, and he noticed a memory saving device nearby.

What the hell? Is it Robbit? Or Hyung-nim?

He just ignored it and looked at the boy in his arms, as well as the children who had taken up a cozy position near the child.

What a pleasant sensation...

[A/N: Oh, my goodness, I love your character development, and I don't want to turn you into a bish again.]

***

When Hellion and Callen awoke. Two more arms have been wrapped around them. Callen was crammed between Hellion and Alver, with Robbit taking the free space beside him. They were snuggled up together in a group hug, taking a nap together.

"Asleep," echoed the childish giggle. Callen had already turned to face Alver and had been patting his cheeks, lightly pinching them, but peppering small kisses on his nose and cheeks, "Cute Hyunnie."