XXXVI

Callen had collapsed into Alver's arms after sobbing uncontrollably. His cries were like knives slicing his heart with such force that he thought he was going to die.

Alver gives Robbit a cold stare. He should've been able to calm him, but he stood there pathetically. He let his fear overpower his bravery and decided to worship Callen as a god.

"Ignore everything that occurred in this palace."

He looked at his father, Zed Crossman, who had the audacity to fuck the daughter of the gods of death but made no effort to stop or protect him. He has lost faith in the people of the Royal City. He can't entrust Callen to them.

He stood up and looked at the hunter, who, according to Cale Henituse, was after his brother. He needs to figure out what these cretins are after.

"Clean up this area," Alver said as he turned around. Callen's power blew the palace of war to smithereens. The only palace he can enter right now is Witton Palace.

Callen's people eventually returned. Eruhaben, who was in charge of the southern gates, assessed Callen's current situation. Choi Han and Cale, who were fighting at the main gate, both looked at him. Even Ron and Vicross were all around waiting for their master to wake up.

They would have disobeyed and saved him if a god's words were not absolute.

If they disobey his orders, they will suffer the consequences. They weren't just regular people, but sages or guardians sent to protect him. A single word from this child, on the other hand, would cause them pain and death.

"He's in shambles," Eruhaben said, his teeth clenched. At times like these, a dragon's power is rendered useless. Callen had been writhing in agony. Opening his eyes occasionally but closing them in pain. He notices Callen's desperate actions while clutching his hand and refusing to let go.

*cough! cough!*

The sheets were covered in blood. Callen began to exhale heavily. The power of death looms over him, and everything around him has turned black.

"It's out of control," Cale said quietly. If only there was a divine item that could relieve his pain, he would have already left in search of it.

Alver was the one who stepped into the power of death and cradled his brother in his arms.

He can feel the immense power coursing through his veins. Callen's whistle-like breaths can be heard by him.

He's in excruciating pain and coughing up blood.

"Your Highness."

"Arrest all the rebels and put them in place," he ordered, and before Cale Henituse could step out, he called out, "I want an explanation, Cale Henituse."

Cale smiled and said, "Yes, Your Highness."

The mages immediately took care of the Palace of Joy. Alver had to work while holding a child. He would occasionally feel Callen's grip on his shirt, and he would cough up blood. This is the only thing he can do at the moment. He'd pat the child on the back and wrap him in his blanket. Wipe the blood from his mouth and cradle him without letting go.

He would occasionally hear him cry out in silence, calling out someone's or his name.

He didn't say anything. He would never ask anyone for help.

He doesn't have faith in the people around him right now.

"Your Highness." Cale Henituse knocked on the door. "I found this in Hunter's body."