XXXVIII

A/N: Cale Henituse's POV! Nyahahahahha! We're entering a new arc! Hm. how to describe this arc? Of course, there's craziness because of our Pope Cloppy, as well as a tragic arc... we're almost at the half of the story. Man! This sure is long. I honestly couldn't see the ending. XD hahahahahahaha Who? NO SPOILERS!!! Also, everything here is just my imagination of how Cale lived his life in his first life, alright? Nothing personal since it's not really described in the novel so I just decided to make it gory XD. beware of forshadowing! hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahha. next chap will be PAERUN ARC! NYAHAHAHHAH

***

"You are strong," Choi Han said as soon as he stepped onto the training grounds. Cale Henituse was practicing his sword by himself. "A red aura... and ancient powers. You are a swordmaster."

Cale Henituse chuckled. As one would expect from Choi Han. He clearly understands his power and strength.

"I'm still not a match for you."

"But your aura is," Choi Han says as he draws his sword. Cale draws his sword and charges at Choi Han. He can still remember how this jerk looked at him with contempt while beating him up. He recalls how this person stayed by his side as he was dying. He vividly recalls Choi Han's expression before he closed his eyes and made that deal with the god of death. He was the only person who stayed by his side in his last moments. Although he sacrificed everything for the world, this man was the only one who shared the same resentment and anger he had at that time.

He can remember that he woke up when he was ten years old. His father gave him a worried smile before embracing him tightly. The ruined Henituse County is still bustling and lively. Bassen is still alive. Lilly will soon be born.

His father, Deruth Hentiuse, is still alive. He recalls how his father protected him from Clepeh Sekka. He recalls his father's last smile and all the people who came to his rescue.

He recalls his regret. The pain of losing everyone he cherished.

He was Count Cale Henituse, the Crown Prince's mad dog, a ruthless slaughterer who had won hundreds of battles with sheer force and planning. In the end, he lost when that white star emerged and overturned the battle with just a single fire pillar.

He was confused at first; he shouldn't be alive. The deal was to turn back time and swap bodies with Kim Rok Soo. But he's alive. His hands were still small and tender. That's when he decided to let go of the past and change the future. He still has time, and he can defeat White Star before he becomes that powerful bastard. Although he couldn't believe the gods, let alone the God of Death, he was given the chance to change it all.

He was given a chance not to lose everything once again.

That day, however, he meets the black-haired demigod. He realized at that moment that this was the person the God of Death desired to bring into the world. The man who will assist him in saving the world.

The only disadvantage was that he was still a child. A child at a tender age.

"You're not from this world, right?" he asked.

The child looked at him and said, "You knew and you said nothing. That old man white sure likes to dote on you too."

"Kim Rok Soo." Cale gritted through his teeth, "Help me."

"Help you with what?"

"Save our loved ones."

He shamelessly asked that child. Callen didn't give him an answer at that time. However, it suddenly changed when the rebellion came into the picture.