X

While watching his baby brother sleep, Alver traces his cheeks.

So he's the God of Death's grandson.

Deities do occasionally descend from the heavens. Apart from the fact that their father met Callen's mother when she was made a slave, he didn't get the full story because the king didn't know either. She was said to be the daughter of a fallen royalty, but after hearing the story, it's possible that she created a kingdom for herself, but due to war and the loss of her divine powers, she became human.

Ridiculous.

He couldn't believe his thoughts, but that's all he could think about right now.

If Callen awakens, everyone will go after him.

He needed to protect them at all costs.

He remembered the thing that the king told him too: "Once a deity loses their power, they'll die."

What made his mother lose her power? What made her like that? No, who made her like that?

"Hyunnie..."

He lovingly looked at his brother with a soft smile on his face. Callen groggily looked at him and scooted close to him.

It was at times like this that Alver pity-broke this little brother.

Unlike an unwanted dark elf, his race is something desired by people for power.

He just wants to raise him like any other child. He wished he could be normal. Even though he knew Callen couldn't be as normal as everyone claimed, he hoped his childhood and life would be the same.

He wished to watch over him as he pursued the life he desired.

Having a place to go is like having a home. Having someone to love is the definition of family. And having both is a blessing.

Being a part of a family means being a part of something very special. It means that you will continue to love and be loved for the rest of your life.

Family isn't that important. It's everything. He wanted to raise this child with that kind of thought. He wanted to raise him as loving and kindhearted as he is.

The memories they will make with their family are everything.

The family will always be family. If they can't have that, they'll make their own and cherish it.

He wanted to be certain that when the time came to let go of this child, he would not be sorry and that they would be happy.

Callen, if the God of Death so desires, he can take this child away from him.

He looked down and gently cupped his brother's head in his palm, burrowing him deeper into his arms. He can hear his small hands clutching his clothes and a small chuckle escaping his lips.

"Warm..."

Alver felt like crying. Just like any other child, they can't choose their family. They are gifts, as he was to them. He was blessed with so many things in his life, even though some were taken from him.

Love is patient. It's considerate. It never envies, boasts, or is even proud of itself. It never dishonors anyone or is self-seeking. It cannot be enraged. It keeps no records of wrongs.

Love delights in the truth rather than the evil. It always protects, also trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres... It never fails and will never betray him.

He wanted their family to be filled with that genuine love.

He'll prioritize his family over everything else in terms of what's important to him.