XLI

"Clopphy, can we visit the north?"

Clopeh Sekka almost passed out from excitement. His heart is taken away by those adorable reddish-brown eyes. He stepped back, acting as if he had been shot, and sat on the ground, clutching his chest. His god! His God! His God is asking a favor from him! He smiled brightly and said, "Of course! Anytime you want, My Lord! This Clopphy Sekka requests permission to leave and prepare for your arrival!"

He rose and ran as fast as he could, ignoring all preparations and leaving his god in awe of how far he could take this shit away. He left home without preparations, he can go back home without preparations.

That is what makes him the one and only—CLOPEH SEKKA! Banzai!

Anyway...

The Sekka Household was gathering to prepare for the impending winter storm in the north. The North was snowed in for the entire year, causing farming and livestock businesses to fail. They must broaden their options in order to support the kingdom, even if it means begging the nearby kingdoms for help.

One of which is the ever-open-arms Rowoon Kingdom.

"The rations... we need to prepare and open the noble houses to give them to the people," Lord Sekka said, looking around at his vassals.

Every winter, the Sekka Territory had the highest rate of death. It's heartbreaking, but they have no choice but to stick it out and live with it.

The nobles were about to agree when the doors of the hall swung open with a bang, revealing Clopeh—his bastard son of a bitch—who had gone in search of his god and returned empty-handed.

Damn it. Where in hell did this kind of son come from in the Sekka household?! He's impossible to control, let alone understand.

"FATHER!"

The Paerun kingdom's nobles all looked at him.

They had no idea that Clopeh had prepared a massive deal that the Paerun kingdom could not refuse.

"An alliance and commercial trade with the Rowoon Kingdom?" Rock Sekka, Clopeh's father, mused.

The signatories include Alver and Robbit Crossman of the Royal Family, and Cale Henituse, a proxy for the wealthiest Henituse Household. There was the name of Callen Crossman, which the First and Second Princes signed as a proxy.

"Is this real?"

Clopeh is enthralled. Rock Sekka accepted that his son could be a lost cause or whatever, but this is—

"Well, aren't I great?" Clopeh exclaimed proudly. "You just need to sign it," he said brightly and cheekily.

The Rowoon Kingdom may lose the deal, but they are only asking for barter between the winter goods produced by the Paerun Kingdom and goods in exchange for that.

"It's nickel and steel."

They're metals used for making housewares. It's the minerals that Henituse County would exchange for coal and marble.

Rock Sekka felt like crying. They were bracing for the worst because the Rowoon Kingdom had yet to respond to their request for provision. They sent the missive months ago, but it appears that the Crown isn't even paying attention to them.

"My G—I mean, My Little Lord, Callie, was the one who started this," Clopeh explained. The abacus thing was meant for him to read his little god's plans.

"The Rowoon Kingdom's senate (noble houses) voted not to respond to the missive, but my little Lord went ahead and spoke with his elder's brothers because he was still young and couldn't enter into agreements."