XXIII

Hello, my little redhead. It's nice meeting you face-to-face.

"For a bastard god like yourself, you do enjoy taking over your "baby's" body," snarks Cale Henituse. He was finally able to see Alver, who had yet to awaken, and the God of Death, who was inhabiting Callen's body.

He will live.

"He better be."

Robbit, who came with Cale Henituse, is silent. His younger brother is behaving like an old man.

"Your Highness, that's the god of death." devoid of respect and worship, Cale Henituse stated that as a matter of fact.

Robbit was about to show his respect, but the God of Death stopped him.

If brother Ribbit shows some respect to me, my baby will get angry at me. Kindly call me grandpa too, Frog Prince. I'm my baby's biological grandpa!

So why the fuck did he ever get demoted from ribbit to frog prince? And he's perplexed: Is Callen the grandson of the god of death? How? Just plain how?

As you know, I'm housing his body for now since he's fallen into slumber. His awakening was quite rough, so he'll be out for a while. Don't worry. He's safe. Nothing can harm him except for divine objects and those close to him. While those with twisted times can hurt each other, true pain is reserved for those closest to the heart. Gods are not omnipotent. So I hope you continue to cherish this child.

Robbit nodded and smiled at the God of death.

"Since someone was able to hurt him like this... I presumed it's that white bastard." Cale Henituse spoke.

Unfortunately. If it's the dragon-slaying sword, Baby should be fine because it can never hurt him. However, he was grazed by that man's power. He may or may not be related to the Rowoon Royalty, but I hope the Frog Prince can assist this dark elf for a little longer.

Robbit remained silent after hearing that. He simply took a deep breath and pondered for a few moments.

You're still feeling it, right? The power of death?

Robbit fixed his gaze on the God of Death.

Anyone who comes into contact with that power will succumb to fear or a decrease in their body's number until their soul is broken. The swordmaster has already experienced the same with that adorable little chef. However, because he was the one who opposed the power to keep the surroundings from dying, that dragon may not return for some time.

"Dragon?"

I put them around this child to try to keep his awakening under control, but it had the opposite effect.

The god of death looked at Alver and patted his head.

Continue being good brothers with my baby.

That's what the God of Death said before laying down beside Alver and going to sleep. Robbit breathed hard and looked at his siblings. Remembering how Callen appeared while desperately pursuing Alver strengthened his resolve.

"Young Lord Henituse."

"Yes, Your Highness?"

"Whose side are you on?"

Robbit had an inkling that this person was behind the attack on the Sten Marquessate and the Third Queen's knights.

"Of course, I'm on my baby's side! And, in logic, by my dear husband's side." Cale Henituse elegantly replied and sat down on the long couch.

Robbit can't deny that Cale Hentiuse played an important role in suppressing the knights that were trying to kill them. He's also called by the God of Death in this room to stand guard along with the black-haired man and the two vicious servants. He's afraid that he might betray them, but Cale Henituse replied, "I am on humanity's side, that's for sure."