XXVIII

"There's no use sulking with your upcoming punishment, baby." Cale Henituse said. He opened the window and went back to his seat.

After finishing his sentence, a blue-haired woman walked in through the window. No one considered the door to be the true and proper way in and out.

Callen looked at the newly arrived woman and another attractive man with white hair.

"Paethon!" the girl exclaimed, but she came to a halt when she noticed the toddler sitting very comfortably on his lap.

The girl was very beautiful. She still didn't have the X mark on her back. There was only a single slash from her right shoulder down to her left waist.

"You're not drooling?" Cale teases the toddler.

"Why would I?" Callen responds, swinging his feet comfortably.

"Paethon, you do look great with a child on your lap," the white-haired whale teases, leaning against Paethon's back.

"Hello, I'm Whitara... I'm here to make a deal with someone... I think children—"

"You'll be making a deal with him." Cale Henituse points at Callen. Callen jumps from Paethon's lap and climbs onto Cale's lap.

Whitara and the white-haired dude looked confused.

"I am Cale Henituse, the emissary for his highness, the Seventh Prince," Cale said as he sat the prince on his lap, "We wish to discuss the things that needed to be discussed."

"And what could that be?" Whitara wonders. She's the same as royalty, but the two people in front of her have such a powerful aura that she can't take her gaze away.

"The mermaids," Callen said, motioning for Ron to place the contract in front of them. "I presume the scar on your back was caused by the mermaids?"

Whitara did not respond. She didn't like the flow of the conversation and wasn't sure why Paethon had asked her to come here.

"Earthly beings cannot interfere with the sea."

"The sea is interfering with the earthly beings," Callen explained, smiling. "Aren't they getting stronger? Sooner or later, the whale tribe will face an imminent threat from the mermaids."

When a powerful force saps his strength, the killer whale chooses to attack the red and black head. He landed on the ground and the floor. He feels immense pressure, not from the redhead, but from the innocently smiling toddler. Three blades were aimed at his neck. A great sword, a knife, and a sword.

Whitara looked at them. She couldn't put her trust in a person whose surname is betrayal. They were cunning beings to the point where beasts ignored them. She was about to leave when her younger brother took her hand in his.

"They're trustworthy," Paethon said, looking at his sister.

Paethon, her kind-hearted younger brother, stood up for them.

"The child saved me."

She paused. Paethon revealed his ripped pants and the small scar left by the mermaid's wounds. "They're my savior."

He isn't telling her everything, but there is one thing Whitara has learned from her younger brother. Paethon will never lie to her.

"Archie," she said, "please stop and remain silent."

Archie looked at her and lowered his guard. Whitara sat on the couch.

Cale Henituse fixed his gaze on Whitara, who began speaking to them formally. This was distinct from the chief of any other beast tribe because the Whale King ruled over half of the ocean. As a result, the Whale King was no less than a king of a kingdom. And the toddler on his lap is bold enough to strike another deal with the sea royalties.