LXIX

"Hyun...nie?"

Callen looks in front of him. He's been tortured and everything but he seems to be hallucinating right now. Alver Crossman is there, standing in front of him with a desperate expression. He didn't know how things went after he relaxed but he knew his brother had him in his arms.

He could've abandoned him but he's here.

He could've discarded him like a chess piece, but he came to save him.

He felt so sad, knowing he had become a burden.

The Sealed God thought that Alver was his weakness, but he was not.

He's nothing but a burden to him and to his forces.

He felt so sad knowing that Alver had to go through all this just because of him. He felt so bitter because of his powerlessness and yet, he could only close his eyes and pretend to be in pain.

"Are you alright?'

"I'm fine."

This suffocating feeling and sadness, make him want to cry and scream.

"You're always fine."

Callen half-opened his eyes and shook his head, "At times like this, you should've abandoned me."

"Didn't I promise you, that I will never let harm fall on you?"

"You really are cruel."

He whispered.

The more Alver cared for him, the more he'll fall even more. The more he'll want to stay by side and be greedy. The more he would want to live everyday with him and just be happy.

The more this man thinks of him, the more he would think of all this negativities.

It's just by chance that has passed and the sky is colored with the sunset. It was a blissful day, subtle yet warm.

It's another day that Callen realised he was really wanted to be in this person's arms.

Rainy, cloudy, no light, darkness, day and night, ever since this man came to his life, maybe his existence itself disappeared. It was that moment he allowed him to go another and leave him behind.

He unknowingly glued his heart to this person and knew that he will suffer for it.

"Roksu-yah."

He looked at the side where the Former Team Leader, Lee Soohyuk was standing.

"You met one good brother there."

He's smiling.

Lee Soo Hyuk, who had a noticeably weak body for a swordsman, appeared younger than Callen's final record. He looked similar to the Lee Soo Hyuk that Kim Rok Soo had met when he was a rookie.

It had to do with something about not being able to forget the sweetness of the past or whatnot.

"He guided me where you are, Callen." Alver smiled.

It was too similar. The Lee Soo Hyuk in front of Callen was not a scene in one of his records, but he was acting too similar to Lee Soo Hyuk. He's calmly withstanding the pressure of his records.

"What could it be, you little punk? You're not awake yet?"

"Huh?"

Lee Soohyuk laughed. He gazed at them

"That motherf*cking God of Death."

Callen could hear the team leader's voice as he brushed his face with both hands.