LI

Alver Crossman slammed the door open as soon as he entered Cale Henituse's room.

His eyes were filled with tears and desperation.

"Is there something you're hiding from me?"

Cale Henituse looked at him. He's not such a moron that he doesn't recognize his own sibling. His tone, his demeanor, everything tells him that he's Callen.

"That boy..."

Cale Henituse remained deafeningly silent. His closest confidante dared to withhold information from him.

"I thought you never lied to me..."

He expressed regret, disgust, and anger.

"I thought you were the only one who would never lie to me..." Alver said sternly, "I was wrong..."

Cale Henituse remained deafeningly silent. He looked at Alver Crossman, who seemed to be interested in everything.

"There's no way I'd confuse my child with anyone else."

Alver slammed the door shut and proceeded to the royal cemetery. He had been holding honors for Callen, but the world appears to be a joke to him right now.

When he began digging the dirt on his brother's coffin, Robbit and Hellion, who had been following him in the night, were alarmed.

"HYUNG-NIM!" Both Hellion and Robbit stopped him. But Alver just stared at them.

The two were deafeningly quiet. Alver dug deeper and soon felt the familiar marble that was keeping his brother's coffin safe. He pried open the coffin, revealing the white coffin in which Callen was laid to rest.

"To whoever is buried here, please forgive me," Alver said, staring at the coffin where Callen's body was supposed to be buried.

I hope I'm mistaken, Baby.

That is his heartbreaking wish.

Please forgive Hyunnie for disturbing your sleep.

But deep down, he was hoping, just hoping, that he still had a chance to fulfill all of their promises.

He wants to deny it but is unable to do so. Seven grueling years.

He opened the coffin and braced himself for whatever might greet him. He was about to be stopped by Robbit and Hellion. but—

His lips quivered and his body shook.

7 years.

A grueling seven years.

He kept mourning and grieving... for an empty coffin.

"They... lied to me," he said quietly. His tears streamed down his cheeks as he stared blankly at the coffin filled with dried flowers and mudded white sheets.

"My baby... Callie, my little Callie..."

His cold heart began to beat again immediately. He was on his knees, hugging the cold embrace of the wind while clutching the empty coffin.

The child he held close to his heart is still alive.

Cale Henituse. "That man lied to me," said the man with bloodshot eyes.

Cale Henituse probably lied to him for the first time. For seven years, he deceived him.

He quickly ran away, leaving the coffin open. Robbit and Hellion remained silent, remembering the child they had just met. The only person in whom that damned god of death has faith is that redhead. Another bastard who took his little one again.