XIV

[Awake?]

The handsome white-haired man spoke the moment he opened his eyes. His consciousness appears to be still locked down.

[It'll be fine, your brother is here, and I've blackmailed someone to guard you, and there's a strong swordmaster who will protect you.]

That's a dangerous combination.

[I may not be able to visit you for a while.]

The man sounded depressed, but he still smiled softly.

[Do not leave your house during the new or full moon. Don't slack off for the time being; you should exercise. You won't be able to control your power if you slack now.]

Callen moaned.

[However, when you're older, you'll be able to do whatever you want. I'll see you soon, son.]

When Callen awoke, he was greeted by the familiar Palace of Joy ceiling. He groaned, rubbed his eyes, and yawned. He remembered being kidnapped and fleeing to the outskirts of the Forest of Darkness, jumping over a wall.

He blankly stared at the ceiling and noticed the hand touching his forehead.

"Hyunnie?"

Alver was sitting on the chair by the bed. He had been holding his hand and patting his forehead.

"How do you feel?"

"Fine... now that I've seen Hyunnie's lovely face."

Alver, on the other hand, was not smiling at all. He could feel a strong tug on his chest. He gripped his brother's hands tightly and smiled reassuringly at him.

Alver slowly supported him, allowing him to sit on his lap and lean on him. His arms wrapped protectively around Callen's back and waist. A gentle kiss was planted on the child's head. Alver reached for the glass of water and drank from it.

It's delicate and gentle.

Just the scent of this person lulls him to sleep.

"Do you feel sick?"

"No... Grandpa told me in my dreams that I'd be fine when I woke up... But not to leave the house when the moon is new and full."

In his dreams, Grandpa. Alver pondered. It could be the God of Death. He was filled with rage and the desire to smack that god on the head for putting Callen in danger. He is, however, the one who saved his brother when he took over this child's small body just as it was about to burst from Death's power.

The guardian dragon informed him of this.

Callen possessed both evil and divine power.

Unlike a necromancer, who commands the dead, Callen's power was death itself.

He knew because an ancient book had recorded it.

The God of Death was a powerful being who did not require believers. His power was founded on death itself. Every living being in this world gives the God of Death absolute power. Callen, on the other hand, appears to be conversing with an old man rather than a god. He's even stronger than the gods of the Sun and War.

But haven't gods died before? Only after death can a person become a god. Is the god of death different from them?

While there are no records of how the God of Death ascended to divinity, he suspects he is a god who transcended world laws and ascended with his flesh and blood.