7 - First Date

"It's you!" Akshara yelled involuntary upon realizing that her fall had been broken by none other than her fake husband-to-be and current fake boyfriend, Dr. Abhimanyu Birla. That beautiful face and those gorgeous eyes had no right belonging to such a despicable human being.

"It is me! Surprise!" He confirmed wickedly, sweetly, enough to give her both cholesterol and diabetes in one go. He then began leaning down low, towards her, bringing his mouth as close to hers as possible.

Akshara's heartbeat quickened as she felt his breath grow nearer. She looked around them to see if anyone was watching so she could beg —nay —scream for help.

"What...what are you doing?" It wasn't even cold outside but her entire body was starting to shiver, her lips trembling as she forced the words out of her mouth.

Rather than answer her question, he continued to lean closer and closer, close enough that if he leaned in anymore, their lips would touch and they'd be kissing. Akshara tried to close her eyes, or push him away, do something at least but her body was frozen in place. Unmoving. And the only thing she could do was watch.

Oh my god. Was he going to kiss her? Could she get an STI by kissing? Yes, right? No? She waited for a kiss that never came.

Pop! Abhimanyu's eyes glistened with mischief as he blew a bubble courtesy of the gum he was eating right in her face. He snickered as shock and surprise overcame Akshara and she became too stunned to react.

She couldn't even hit or punch him for his atrocious deed because he was still holding onto her hand and waist to break her fall.

"You really are a jerk you know!" She sneered, glaring at him with pure unadulterated hatred in her eyes.

"Now, now. Is that any way to talk to your would-be-husband?" He teased, not at all hiding his happiness at her annoyance.

"Husband?!" She snickered. "I haven't even decided if you are my boyfriend yet."

"Oh baby," Akshara's heart skipped a beat at the husky suggestiveness of his tone, "that's not what the dotted line you signed on says. Or have you forgotten already?"

And yup. There was the jerk she had pegged him to be.

"You really are a grade A jerk, you know that?"  She snipped at him.

"Tell me something I already don't know. The jerk bit is getting a bit boring."

Akshara struggled to free herself from his tight hold. "Let me go!" She grit out.

"A gentleman never leaves his lady." He replied with a grin, making Akshara falter in her reply.

Oof. This man was charming. Devilishly charming. No wonder he had a long list of women willing to bend over backwards —pun intended for him.

No, Akshara, you will not be a name added to the list in his little black book titled, "Been There, Done Her." She needed to repeat this line like a mantra, or maybe even a daily hymn.

Normally when people woke up and gave themselves pep talks for the upcoming day, she would be giving herself abstinence talks. Perfect.

"A gentleman? Where? I don't see one?!" She scoffed.

"I thought you were gonna ask me you don't see a lady around." He bantered back.

"How dare you?! Let me go this instant!" Akshara snapped.

"No." He stated simply, enjoying torturing his would-be-wife of the next 12 months.

"And why not?" She bit out. "Let me go. Now."