57 - Sticking Together

The next morning, the suns rays hit Akshara and Abhimanyu straight in their faces as they snuggled deeper into the blanket.

Abhimanyu kicked one leg over Akshara's pulling her closer into his embrace caging her slender legs in his larger ones. He nuzzled her neck, taking a whiff of her strawberry vanilla scented hair from last night's shower.

"Hmmm." Akshara frowned and she drowsily tackled her way out from beneath Abhimanyu's legs ans pushed her entire body on top of his.

"Akshh..." Abhimanyu mumbled, pulling his leg out and covering her again.

They spent approximately 20 minutes trying to gain the upper hand, wrestling each other for control. It wasn't until they began kicking each other's legs that their sleep was disturbed and the awoke to Akshara laying on top of Abhimanyu, blanketing him. Her hand rested on the edge of his shorts whilst Abhimanyu's hand was caressing her bare back, affectionately.

Abhimanyu and Akshara's eyes interlocked and they stared sr each other. Akshara leaned down, moving her lips closer to Abhimanyu, just wanting to kiss him.

They couldn't even remember why they had been fighting. Or that they had been fighting at all. Because at the end of the day, they found themselves wrapped in each other.

Akshara closed her eyes and so did Abhimanyu, as time stilled and they waited for their lips to touch. Akshara whimpered in need as Abhimanyu's hold on her tightened, his arm snaking around her.

And just then the alarm went off and the kiss never came. Abhimanyu and Akshara both looked towards the alarm and began recalling the moments of their nasty fight. Their dry spell.

"I have to get ready." She cleared her throat.

"Me too." Abhimanyu agreed, awkwardly.

Akshara pushed herself away from Abhimanyu and quickly made a beeline towards the bathroom.

Abhimanyu got up from the bed and ordered them some room service to fill their bellies whilst they got ready for Kairav's haldi. It was going to be haldi, a 3 hour break and then their cocktail party/sangeet. And tomorrow morning was the wedding.

~*~

Akshara was dressed in a yellow floor length lengha with a yellow-gold sequined crop top along with a matching yellow cape like overlay.

Abhimanyu also chose to wear formal Indian wear for the morning and wore a mustard yellow kurta with white pants.

Akshara bent down and applied a slurry of turmeric paste to Reem's cheek, arms and legs whilst Abhimanyu did the same to his best friend, Kairav. Except, like all boys do, he covered Kairav's entire face in turmeric paste from his hair to his neck to his clothes.

As Akshara got up to to leave, Abhimanyu got another reckless idea as he grabbed a huge clump of turmeric paste and lathered it onto his hands, smirking.

~*~

Akshara grabbed a drink from the bar and was just on her way to find a secluded place to sit in silence and peace when she heard Abhimanyu's voice calling out to her.

"Akshara!"

Wait a second. Was he ready to talk? Ready to wave the white flag and call it a truce?

She turned around to face him. Abhimanyu walked up to her with the sexiest smile gracing his face looking ruggedly handsome in the mustard yellow kurta.

And for a moment there, she was left speechless. He looked like every girl's walking fantasy. You know when you are young and dream about one day having your own fairytale with your own Prince Charming? Yeah, that Prince Charming was Abhimanyu Birla.