62 - Painting

Abhimanyu and Akshara spent the better part of the day, lounging comfortably on their well cushioned sofa, napping, scrolling through their phones, and sometimes just watching movies or web series that struck their fancy on the 65" inch television screen.

Sunlight beamed through the windows, cascading over their sleepy faces as Akshara snuggled in closer onto Abhimanyu's chest, soaking in the warmth.

Abhimanyu wrapped his arms around Akshara, embracing her as he wiggled his body, pressing her soft body closer to his firm one, relishing on the muted background noise of the television.

A perfect day.

Just how he imagined it.

Just how he wanted to spend it.

Just the two of them. Basking in all the glorious glowing sunlight as they napped in each other's arms with a never ending smile on their faces.

~*~

"Sit still. Don't move!" Akshara exclaimed, eying Abhimanyu.

They both sat on the ground, on opposing ends, with a sketch pad in both their hands, as well as pencil crayons scattered around the apartment.

"How am I not supposed to move? I am supposed to be drawing you too!" Abhimanyu frowned.

They were having a sketching competition.

In order to see who was the better artist. This activity was time constrained too. Not only were you supposed to do a better job of sketching and colouring in the other person, you only had 20 minutes to put your best effort in.

"That is your problem!" Akshara exclaimed. "But you can't ruin my picture by moving!"

"Do you even hear yourself? You make no sense!"

Akshara looked up, frowning at Abhimanyu. "You know, there are some men out there, who lose on purpose, just to allow their girls to win."

"Oh really?" Abhimanyu's brows perked up. "How foolish of them."

Akshara frowned. "The things those men do for love..." Akshara sighed heavily, dramtically.

"I know what you are trying to do baby. It's called cheating. And as much as I love you, love is love and war and war. And this right here, is war. You are the one who rekindled my competitive spirit and now, I am not going to quit until I make you a sore loser." Abhimanyu looked at Akshara with a goofy smile, sticking his tongue out, playfully.

Akshara ushered a low growl before she went back to quickly finishing up her drawing. Abhimanyu glanced upwards at Akshara and smiled, a tinge of rose colour popping up on his cheeks. It was fun irritating Akshara.

But how was he supposed to tell her that he wouldn't  be able to lose at a sketching competition, even if he tried.

~*~

"Time's up! Pens down." Abhimanyu silenced the timer in his phone and looked up to see Akshara still diligently working on her art piece.

"I said pens down, Akshara." He repeated himself.

"One sec. Just last minute touch ups..."

"No! That's cheating, pens down....Akshu!"

"Don't call me that!" She glared at him, holding her pencil crayon out towards him, as if she'd stab him any second.

"Then stop cheating, Akshu." He teased, making her growl. "I am going to countdown and when I get to one, we flip our drawings and show each other. Okay?"