66 - The Trap

When they said doctors make for the worst patients, they weren't lying. The living proof of that saying was sitting right in front of her eyes, scolding Rohan, another capable doctor on how he was not holding the needle properly and was probably going to knick a vein, causing him to bleed out.

"Sir! Will you please stop it? I know what I am doing." Rohan pleaded, locating Abhimanyu's vein for probably the nth time.

"Abhi! Stop! You are making the poor guy nervous!" Akshara chided.

"That's even worse! He is supposed to know how to work under pressure!" Abhimanyu argued.

"Abhi...are you scared of a needle?" Akshara finally asked.

"Giving other people needles, no, receiving a needle? Maybe." Abhimanyu confessed. Despite being a doctor himself, Abhimanyu hated his own blood being drawn.

"How can you be scared of a needle when that is all you do?" Akshara asked.

"2 plus 2 does not always equal 4, Akshara." Abhimanyu grit out.

"Actually..." Akshara stopped her sentence midway when Abhimanyu glared at her. Now was was the time to be logical.

"Don't worry, Sir. I promise I'll be quick. Ready, steady, going in —

"That is not where my vein is, you tool!" Abhimanyu moved his arm, leaving Dr. Rohan to stab the thin air.

"Abhimanyu Sir, would you please stop moving?! I know how to draw blood and that was your vein!" Rohan begged, becoming agitated.

Akshara rolled her eyes. Thinking quick on her feet, Abhimanyu watched in confusion as Akshara disappeared on him and came back with scotch tape.

"Akshara, what are you —

Before he could finish, Akshara taped Abhimanyu's mouth shut, sat on his free arm and put all her energy into holding Abhimanyu's right arm steady enough for Rohan to draw blood.

"Is this better?" She asked Rohan, feeling Abhimanyu struggle against her hold.

"Much. Thank you, Ma'am." Rohan grinned as he and Akshara worked in unison. "Ready, set, going in." He announced, much to Abhimanyu's muffled sounds of disagreement.

Once the blood was taken, Akshara released Abhimanyu's arms and removed the tape from his mouth.

"Now, that wasn't hard, was it?" She grinned.

"You know, you could have just held and caressed my hands, whispering words of affirmation like normal people instead of tackling me down like I was some wild animal."  Abhimanyu growled.

"What fun would that have been? And plus, when have we ever done anything the normal way?" Akshara winked, calming Abhimanyu down.

"Agreed." He chuckled before turning towards Dr. Rohan. "Thank you, Rohan."

"No problem, Sir. I will make sure to fast track the results. You should have the results in a few hours."

"Thank you, Dr. Rohan." Akshara thanked Dr. Rohan as well before walking him to the exit.

After Rohan's departure, Akshara turned towards Abhimanyu, who was slumped against the couch, eyes closed.

"Fuck that bitch, Akshara. I am going to kill her." Abhimanyu groaned in rage, barely being able to open his eyes.

"And go to prison? Because trust me Dumdum, if you end up going to prison for murdering that vile, vapid woman, I am not even going to be getting you a defense lawyer. You can go to prison for all I care."