20 - Playboy Goes To Work

Abhimanyu swung the stethoscope over his neck, resting it on his shoulders as he opened the door to his elderly patient, Mrs. Barganza's room.

"Hi there, Cutie. How you doing?" Abhimanyu asked, flashing her with his most charming smile as he sat down on the stool beside her bed.

Mrs. Barganza giggled as a faint blush marred her wrinkly cheeks. "Hi there, Hottie. I'm doing okay, as you can see."

"I do see." Abhimanyu replied, making a quick scan through of Mrs. Barganza's test results. "What is it that Dr. Rohan is telling me? Your cholesterol and blood-sugar levels are giving you trouble again."

"Are they?" Mrs. Barganza replied, innocently.

"What have you been eating?"

"I may have been eating snacks and sweets. But to be fair, it was my grandson's birthday and then my great-granddaughter's a week later." She admitted, sheepishly. "Or maybe I just missed you."

"Cutie, next time you miss me, you can just call me. I'd happily pay you a house visit." He flirted with Mrs. Barganza, making her blush. "No need for you to get your health into trouble. You have to take care of yourself okay, Cutie? Be a good girl? For me?" He spoke gently, but sternly.

Mrs. Barganza nodded her head, giving him her most promising smile. "Yes, I promise."

Abhimanyu covered the hands resting on her lap with his, gently tapping them. "Good. Because I need my best girl to be happy and healthy."

Mrs. Barganza giggled. "Yes." And after a small pause, she continued, "You remind me so much of Max. He was as flirty as you. And he used to take care of me just like you do."

Abhimanyu felt Mrs. Barganza getting emotional. "Just so you know, Max passed the duty of taking care of you onto me. The flirting though, that's all me. Because how can I not flirt with a Cutie like you?" He replied, cheerily, making Mrs. Barganza smile.

"Exactly." She agreed.

Just then Abhimanyu felt his pager go off. "I wish I could spend more time with you but unfortunately there are other patients that require my attention. But before I go, I'll make sure Dr. Rohan sets you up a discharge time, okay?"

"Okay." Mrs. Barganza nodded her head in understanding.

Abhimanyu got up from te stool and stood to face Dr. Rohan. "Run her tests again, and if everything turns out fine, set up a discharge time."

"Yes sir." Dr. Rohan quickly jotted down the tests that needed to be completed as Abhimanyu exited the room, shutting the door behind him.

~*~

Abhimanyu walked out of Mrs. Barganza's room and took out his pager. His next patient —a 17 year old teenager named Karan —was ready to see him.

"Abhimanyu, my cabin. Now." Sir —Harshvardhan Birla materialized out of thin air, and stood in front of him.

"Sorry, can't. Have another patient that requires my attention." He mentioned casually, flinging his pager in front of him, blatantly choosing to ignore Harshvardhan Birla's command.

Knowing he had no option but to aggregate his son, Harshvardhan Birla pulled the pager out of his son's hands. "The patient can wait. What I need to discuss with you can't. My cabin. Now!"

Impressed by his father's tactics of snatching the pager from right under his nose, Abhimanyu grumpily strolled towards Sir's cabin, with Harshvardhan Birla following closely behind, making sure his son did it deviate from his path.

Both the father and son had zero trust in each other, and honestly, that suited Abhimanyu just fine.

Abhimanyu walked into the cabin with Harshvardhan following closely behind. Once inside the cabin, Harshvardhan took his chair at the head of his desk whilst Abhimanyu chose to actively stand. He just wanted out.