39 - My First Kiss

Abhimanyu had just finished his drink and closed his eyes when he felt her presence standing beside him. He opened his eyes and saw she was holding a rose in front of his face.

"Saaurrry." Akshara swayed in her steps as she apologized to Abhimanyu with a single rose in her hand.

Abhimanyu looked at the rose, then at Akshara before moving his face away, avoiding her gaze.

Feeling hurt, but deserving of his anger, she frowned as she returned back to the kitchen island counter and came back with a single tulip and a single chocolate flower. She held the tulip in front of Abhimanyu's face.

"Sorrry with a big S." She slurred her words but her apology was not accepted.

Pouting, she held out the chocolate rose in front of Abhimanyu's face. "S O R R I." She spelled out the word sorry, incorrectly for Abhimanyu. "No wait. Y! Sssss Ooooo Arrr Arrr Aaayyyyeee."

Abhimanyu tried to suppress his smile at her cute antics and pretended to be angry at her. She had hurt him. It was only fair he get to enjoy her apology as well.

When Abhimanyu didn't respond, Akshara drunkenly walked her way back to the kitchen, careful not to bump into anything on the way. She took a quick shot of vodka, straight from the bottle before swerving her way back to Abhimanyu.

She twirled around a piece of chicken in the chow mein and held the fork up to Abhimanyu's unsuspecting lips. "Sawri." She pouted, trying to not whine like a tantrum throwing toddler.

Abhimanyu opened his mouth and let Akshara feed him, trying to suppress his smile as the first bite of chicken and noodles hit his tongue. Akshara saw the flicker of a smile on Abhimanyu's lips and a timer went off in her head.

"Are you laughing at me?" She drunkenly slurred her words, pouting in anger at Abhimanyu.

Abhimanyu's smile stopped at the edge of his lips as he slowly felt the tides turning —again. He looked up to see Akshara glaring at him, as hurt reflected clearly on her face. He reached out and held her hands just as she began to step out of his reach.

"No, no! I'm not laughing at you!" He blurted out, pulling Akshara down towards him, only yanking a bit too hard so that instead of taking a seat on the couch beside him, she slipped and hit her bum onto the carpet covered ground.

"Owww!" Akshara yelled, rubbing her bum.

"Solly, solly, solly!" Abhimanyu called out, trying not to cackle down laughing at what a mess they'd become.

Akshara glared at Abhimanyu as she pulled his and using all her strength dragged him onto the floor beside her, a move Abhimanyu allowed her do, easily.

"Trying to say sorry I and you me laughing at." She complained, sniffling at her runny nose. "Not the fair, Abhi the Manyu's. Not the fairs."

Akshara shook her head at Abhimanyu and began getting up, moving out of his grasp, just as Abhimanyu tried to convince her otherwise. "No, no, please!" He chuckled. "I'm sorry! Please don't go. Stay."

Unwilling to listen to Abhimanyu, Akshara got up and moved away from him, wanting to put some space between them. She admitted she had been rude to him but he had been equally rude to her too. So they were both even.

"Well then I won't tell you who I met today." Abhimanyu mentioned casually, pouting, stopping a very curious and nosy Akshara in her steps.

No, don't do it, Akshara. He's just teasing you. Her brain told her. But she also missed talking to him. Missed their little banters. A little part of her started melting but an even bigger part of her still wanted to keep the facade of anger in tact. But to be honest, she's beginning to forget why she as angry at Abhimanyu in the first place. What did the man even do to deserve her wrath?