33 - Risky Moves and Dancing Grooves

"A drink?" Abhimanyu asked Akshara as they stopped in front of the bar.

Akshara took deep breaths to calm her nerves down. What had happened back there had been unbelievable. Magnetic. Her stomach was in shambles with nervousness and pride. "No, thank you, I don't drink. Just water for me, please."

"Really?"

"Why're you so surprised?"

Abhimanyu furrowed his brows. "No reason." He remembered she didn't drink on their first date either. But he'd just chalked it up to her trying to do the exact opposite of what he said.

As Abhimanyu ordered himself a whiskey mixed with soda, and Akshara a water, they both turned around to see Parth fuming with anger. He was standing beside a group of his colleagues but all his attention was directed towards Abhimanyu and Akshara.

"Parth seems like he may blow up any minute now." Akshara commented, taking a sip of her water.

"Good. I hope he does." Abhimanyu replied bitterly, earning a small giggle from Akshara.

Just then Harshvardhan walked up to them. "May I steal Akshara away for a quick dance?"

Before Abhimanyu could say no, Akshara placed her hand in Harshvardhan's as they made their way to the middle of the ballroom dance floor.

Harshvardhan placed one hand on Akshara's back, trying his best to be civil and the other hand softly wrapped around hers whilst Akshara placed her free hand on his shoulder, swaying to the music.

"Are you here to yell at me?" Akshara asked.

"Do you want me to yell at you?"

"No, but if you have to, then it's okay. I understand."

"No, in fact I'm here to thank you."

"Thank me?"

"Yes. For helping my son. For what you did for him against the board. Abhimanyu rarely ever asked me for help. And the one time he did, I felt like a failure of a father when i was unable to get the board to take Abhimanyu's proposal seriously. So thank you for what you did for my son back there."

Akshara raised her eyebrows. "Oh. You're welcome I guess."

Harshvardhan and Akshara continued to sway to the music, as Abhimanyu looked on, doubtful about what his father and his wife were whispering about.

"Why didn't you say all this in front of Abhimanyu?" Akshara questioned him, still confused about the equation the father and son shared.

"What did I say about asking questions, Akshara?"

"Sorry."

"Ah, and there is my son, coming charging at us like an angry bull." Harshvardhan commented, making Akshara's eyes go wide in shock.

Feeling antsy with the sudden emerging friendship between his father and Akshara, he'd had enough of their secret rendezvous. He hated being left out of the loop, like an outsider listening to an inside joke. Without thinking, Abhimanyu stomped over to where his father was dancing with his wife, ready to get his wife back.

"May I dance with my wife?" He growled.

"Of course. Here you go." Harshvardhan handed over Akshara to Abhimanyu.

Abhimanyu placed both his hands on Akshara's waist, making sure to dig his fingers into her bare, smooth, creamy flesh. Akshara wrapped her arms around Abhimanyu's neck, as they began swaying in tandem to the sound of music.

"What were you guys talking about?" He asked, unable to contain his curiosity.

"It's our secret." She teased.