65 - I Trust You as Much as I Love You, To Infinity

Abhimanyu clutched his head to stop it from spinning. He had no idea what was going on. All he knew was that he was naked waist up and that Shreya had just left his apartment.

Hell, he didn't even know what time it was.

He looked around the room until he finally came across a clock on the wall reading a little past 6am.

He didn't even remember going to bed.

What the actual hell was going on?

He looked up to see Akshara staring at him, with tears threatening to roll down her eyes.

She was here.

His Akshara was here. Standing in front of him.

In the flesh.

"Akshara." He pushed the covers away to see he was fully dressed from waist down, not a piece of clothing out of the way.

Akshara held her hand out to stop him from coming to her just as she heard the elevator ding and a pair of footsteps walking outside.

"How could you do this to me? How?" Akshara's voice was loud but filled with emotion. Hurt to be exact.

"What...what do you mean?" Abhimanyu questioned, bewildered and confused by Akshara's accusations.

"I was gone for what? Not even 12 hours and Shreya, Abhi? Really? How could you do this to me?" She yelled, her heartbreak evident in the affliction of her voice.

"What? What do you mean? Nothing! Nothing happened between Shreya and me! I swear!" Abhimanyu's voice was defensive.

Akshara scoffed at Abhimanyu's response, as she stomped across the floor to get to him.

"Oh really? Nothing happened?! Then why are you lounging on the sofa naked from waist up? Why did Shreya just leave here, looking like a mess? Looking as if she had not slept the entire night? Huh?"

Baffled for words, Abhimanyu did not have any response to Akshara's accusations.

"I..." He grappled for words. Terrified that he made a mistake.

"I? I what? Huh?" Akshara yelled, reaching out to cup Abhimanyu's face with the force of her tiny hands.

"I didn't sleep with Shreya. Trust me!" Abhimanyu pleaded, anxiously. "Please. Trust me."

"I do. I do trust you. I trust you as much as I love your to infinity and beyond!" Akshara whispered, caressing his jawline.

Abhimanyu looked at Akshara with a confused expression. If she trusted him, then why was she yelling at him?

"I am so sorry, Abhi. I am so sorry, baby. I'll explain everything. I am so sorry for leaving you alone yesterday night, when you needed me. I am so sorry wanting space." She whispered to Abhimanyu. "I think she's out there, listening to us. I heard the elevator ding. I am sorry for having to yell at you." Akshara pressed her lips against Abhimanyu's capturing his mouth in a kiss.

Out loud, she deliberately shouted, "You disgust me Abhimanyu Birla! You are a cheater! Not only are you a cheater, you are going to be fathering a child from a one night stand! I can't! I can't be with you anymore!"

She turned to face Abhimanyu, pulling him in her embrace. "I am so sorry. Please forgive me for not trusting you." Akshara whispered to Abhimanyu who was still reeling from the shock of Akshara's two polar opposite behaviours.

Akshara pulled back from Abhimanyu and slowly made her way to the front door, tip toeing across the floor.

She heard the elevator door ping again before she heard some more footsteps before the door pinged again.