44 - Living In The Present

A week passed as Abhimanyu and Akshara's bond of friendship grew. They were still each other's confidantes, each other's closest allies and each other's best friends. And during that week, there hadn't been a single day where the two of them hadn't distressed or decompressed at the end of the night, snuggled tightly in each other's arms, in each other's bodies.

And the best part of it all was, they refused to talk about the sexual intimacy they shared. They knew it was a grey area. They both the impact it had on the both of them. But somehow, they were in a sacred area of bliss, which they acknowledged but were scared of ruining.

So they kept quiet. Enjoying the moment. Living in it. Because what they shared, was special, and it was enough...for now.

Akshara stepped into the living room, wearing nothing but her underwear and Abhimanyu's white shirt, which she only buttoned up to her midriff, leaving her navel and lower portion bare.

Abhimanyu sat at the kitchen table, dressed up in grey slacks, a light blue shirt and a grey blazer. He was going over some paperwork, looking tensed when Akshara walked up behind him, and began kneading on his unsuspecting shoulders, massaging the tension away.

"What you looking at?"

"The floor plans of the Children's Ward of the Birla Hospital. Something just feels off."

He grabbed her hand off his shoulder and brought it to the front, twirling Akshara so she was standing in front of him instead of behind him. He glanced up her body, his eyes traveling from her slender, bare legs up to the little peek of her lace pink underwear that covered her most intimate part, a part he had been deep sated in, not too long ago. He moved his eyes up to her bare navel before finally traveling up to her taunt pointy nipples before stopping are plump, bruised lips.

Kissing on the lips, which had been a big no-no on his list before, came so naturally to him when it came to Akshara. With Akshara, he could spend hours kissing her on the lips and yet, that would not be enough.

"What are you looking at?" She put one knee up on the chair, between the space created by his legs, rubbing it against his length.

"You're wearing my shirt." And she looked captivating wearing it. So beautiful. So...his.

"Oops. Do you want me to take it off?" She had no idea where she had learned the art of seduction, and with anyone else, she any have felt embarrassed, but with Abhimanyu, it just came so naturally to her.

Abhimanyu's grip on Akshara's waist tightened as she leaned down and crushed her mouth against his in a passionate yet thrilling kiss. Abhimanyu moaned against her lips, just as Akshara clutched his shoulders, pushing her chest into his face, letting him know she was ready for round three.

Akshara whimpered against Abhimanyu's mouth in disappointment as he pulled away from her. "I wish I could, Akshara but I have to discuss the floor plans with Shreya in half an hour."

Akshara's ears perked up at that witch's name. The one who wouldn't leave her Abhimanyu alone.

He is not your Abhimanyu, Akshara. Remember, you both are just living in the moment, making the best use of the forced proximity you both are subjected to. You are his fake wife and his real friend. That does not give you right over him.

"Shreya? Are you two meeting up do lunch?" Have you not heard of subtly, Akshara?

Abhimanyu looked over at Akshara, trying to suppress his smile. He knew what Shreya's name did to her. Last time he'd mentioned Shreya, Akshara had pinned him to bed because he'd dared make a joke about her getting jealous and tortured him till the point where he was begging for his release—pun intended.