🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 31

"I'm back!" Hyunwoo announces as he took off his shoes by the entrance hallway.

Hyunwoo never needs to announce his arrival back when he lives alone. He didn't really have to even when Kihyun started living with him. He didn't even know how he started doing it. But one day, he just finds himself doing so. Kihyun never commented on it so it eventually became a habit.

"huh? is he not home?" Hyunwoo questioned under his breath when he didn't hear a reply from Kihyun. Most days, the shorter would come to greet him asking if he had eaten or if he got what he asked him to get.

Entering the living room, he saw Kihyun sitting crisscrossed on the floor, his back resting on the sofa behind him, and Snowy laying on his lap. It's not an unusual sight but unlike the previous days, the air around him is heavy. It seems like he's sad.

"Kihyun?"

Kihyun looked up at him "Oh, you're here" He says quite soullessly.

Hyunwoo was uncertain of what to do. Contemplating whether he should ask or just let him be. "Something wrong?" He decided to ask.

Kihyun sighed, and hold out a piece of A4-sized paper at him. Reaching for it, his eyebrows furrowed as he analyze what it was for. It was a flyer about a missing cat. The cat in the picture looks similar to the one they have. The almost orange heart-shaped spot on her back says a lot.

" I have to return her, don't I?"

Hyunwoo pursed his lips, hearing the sad tone in Kihyun's words.

"Well.." Hyunwoo wasn't sure of what to say. It was obvious Kihyun doesn't want to. Frankly, Hyunwoo too wants to keep the cat, despite him initially saying no. She makes Kihyun happy, and Hyunwoo doesn't wanna take that away.

Why does he care so much about Kihyun's happiness anyway? Hyunwoo find himself asking but just shook the thought away. He can't decide if he dislikes his thoughts or not.

Sighing, he sat down on a nearby armchair wanting to say something but is bad at words.

He watches as Kihyun runs his fingers through the cat's fur, thinking.

"I'll head to bed first" Kihyun said standing up and bringing Snowy with him. "I didn't get to cook tonight, sorry. You'll be good with delivery right?"

" Oh, uh sure. I can just order or something" Hyunwoo says, also standing up. " Have you eaten though? What do you want for dinner?" He asked, unconsciously trying to please Kihyun to cheer him up. He didn't even have time to again, ask himself why. He just plain out accepted he was worried about the smaller. He figured since Kihyun didn't cook anything, it means he too hadn't had dinner yet.

" I'm not really hungry" Kihyun says before he walked away, leaving Hyunwoo standing there.

"Kihyun?" Hyunwoo knocked on

Kihyun's open door, his eyes on the latter's figure curled up on his bed. Hyunwoo knows he's not asleep, the lights would be off if he was.

"Food just arrived, I ordered some roasted and fried chicken " Hyunwoo says, asking him to come and eat. " There's some garlic and buttered chicken too and some other... chicken.. stuff.." Hyunwoo trailed off, remembering how he ordered the whole chicken menu from the restaurant.

There was no answer. Hyunwoo decided to fully enter the room and nudged Kihyun with the back of his hand "Ki"

Again, Kihyun didn't answer so he gently repeated to poke him " Ki " he calls, leaning and peeking to see his face. " where's snowy?" he asked when he noticed the cat was not in bed with him.

"She hopped down a while ago. Not sleepy I guess.." Kihyun says before he covered his head with his blanket.

Hyunwoo removed it, earning an annoyed sigh from Kihyun. "There's chicken"