🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 34

"Shame, this place used to be a small canteen. They serve the best teokbokki in all of Busan. I thought so at least" Kihyun says looking around the café, reminiscing about his high school days. Not a single thing is similar to how it used to look.

The old traditional windows made of mulberry paper are now clear transparent glass. The big pots and casseroles by the counter now have pastries of various designs and colors. The sweet old lady who used to give students extra sundaes or yogurt drinks on exam days was replaced by a young man behind the cashier area. Even the customers have changed, from too many middle-aged people and loud laughing high schoolers to busy-looking young adults and quiet teenagers who are mostly on their electronics. Everything was modernized and monochorionically vibrant, unlike the old humble yet bustling warm place it once was.

"I used to eat here all the time after class. This used to be packed with people, we'd be lining up even outside the store. It sometimes takes me more than an hour to order" Kihyun talked further, making big gestures with his hands as he did so.

Hyunwoo listened beside him as they line up to order coffee, chuckling at his words as if anything was funny. Kihyun had been sharing a lot since that morning they decided to tour around town. He hasn't stopped talking since then as everywhere they look, he either has a story or something to complain about, most times both. He was almost like Minhyuk with how his mouth is working hard right now, but more tolerable, if not, more pleasant.

"You, actually patient enough to wait for an hour?" Hyunwoo teased as he took a step forward, the person in front of them done with their order. From what he knows about Kihyun right now, the younger does not possess one ounce of patience in him. Or maybe he has, but he knows he got Hyunwoo wrapped around his finger so he tends to act up.

"I am a very patient person!" Kihyun responded, sounding completely offended, over dramatically placing a hand over his chest.

Hyunwoo gave him a very doubtful look, "Nah, I don't think so"

Kihyun squinted his eyes at him stubbornly. Hyunwoo kept his expression, raising a questioning eyebrow at him and tilting his head. That made Kihyun break character, snorting at his own antics. Hyunwoo cackled back, which Kihyun responded with a soft hit on his shoulder.

"Ahem" The young employee behind the counter let out a fake and halfhearted cough, taking both Kihyun and Hyunwoo's attention. He didn't need to tell them anything as it quickly downed back to Hyunwoo what they were supposed to be doing there.

"Right," Hyunwoo awkwardly shuffles through, realizing they were holding up the line. It was not a long line, only three other customers behind them but still.

"One iced latté and iced Americano please" Hyunwoo ordered, followed by the employee asking him how they want each of their coffee which Hyunwoo answered smoothly. He didn't have to ask Kihyun what he wanted, already memorized what his usual drink was and how he liked it best.

"Ooh they have carrot cakes," Kihyun says, but more to himself, reading through the dessert menu above. "I haven't tried those before"

"add one carrot cake please," Hyunwoo says, without further questions if Kihyun actually even wants it.

" anything more?" He asks Kihyun.

Kihyun shook his head. "Ms. Choi's making chicken stew later. Gotta have some room for that" He says, tapping his stomach. The action made the side of Hyunwoo's lips involuntarily quirk up.

After getting their orders, the two decided to settle on the table by the middle rows, as all the tables next to the windows were all occupied.

"How about we just go eat this by the beach" Hyunwoo suggested when Kihyun lightly comment about how it would be better to sit by the windows to look at outside where the sea is peeking behind other establishments. He remembered Kihyun saying he wanted to take a walk by the beach before they head back to the orphanage. He thought they could just go there now.