🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 36

"I promise, I'll come visit after New Year" Kihyun went and embrace Ms. Choi goodbye. The rest of the children standing there too to see them off.

"I told you, you don't have to come if you're busy. But I do expect a call or text once in a while" The woman says as they break apart.

" Don't worry, Ms. Choi. I'll be reminding Kihyun to contact you at least twice every week" Hyunwoo says appearing beside him.

Kihyun was quick to hit him on his arm " You don't even call your mom for weeks! " He complained to him with a slight smile on his face. His eyes seem to gleam in contentment and ease.

Hyunwoo didn't really feel the hit. He just grabbed Kihyun's hand, and force it down in case he lift it again to hit him.

"And I'll make sure he comes by after New years. I'll drive him here if I have to. Maybe we can bring our friends too to visit" he continued as if Kihyun didn't try to protest.

" I'm starting to think your goal is to steal Ms.Choi's favor" Kihyun looks at him in playful accusation

"You're trying to steal my mom. So I'm stealing yours too" Hyunwoo replied with an almost too proud grin.

" No one can steal Ms.Choi from me. I'm her favorite"

The two bicker, unaware of how their words greatly affected Ms.Choi. It positively tugged her heart, almost making her tear up. It was a nice feeling like she did a good job but more.

"I don't have favorites" But being naturally not an emotional person, she tells Kihyun instead.

"You're just saying that because of the kids are here right?"

"I don't have favorites, Kihyun"

"I'm her favorite," Kihyun says, glancing at the kids who are watching them half entertained and the other unimpressed.

"We know, Oppa" Nabi says with a playful roll of her eyes.

"Nonsense, I don't have favorites" Ms.Choi denied, turning to look at the children with a hard stare that didn't scare them, instead it made them all laugh.

_________________

"Are you planning to stop at every drive-thru you see?" Kihyun asks incredulously when Hyunwoo pointed to the drive-thru he spotted. They had gone to six others since they left Busan.

"I'm hungry," Hyunwoo says in defense.

"You just finished eating like twenty minutes ago!?"

"That's twenty minutes ago" Hyunwoo countered. Anyone could go hungry after twenty minutes. He doesn't understand why Kihyun is questioning it. He knows Hyunwoo's level of appetite.

"We're not that far, I'll just cook at home," Kihyun tells him. They entered Seoul a few minutes ago, it'll only take a matter of time and they're back.

"But I'm hungry now" Hyunwoo argued.

"Fine," Kihyun says defeated. He crossed his arms with a humph. "No drive-thrus tho, I'm sick of eating in your car"

Hyunwoo shrugs and just decided to search for the nearest restaurant he could find. They came across one not long after. It looked like a semi-fancy restaurant with an old Joseon theme. Everything was looking traditional, from the walls to the bowls.

"Is that Hyungwon and Hoseok?" Kihyun asks as he sat, squinting his eyes to look somewhere behind Hyunwoo.

The older turned around and sure enough, it was them. Both were dressed warmly and cozy and were merrily talking to each other. Hyungwon was visibly laughing so hard he was almost falling off his seat. It was weird and surprising to witness. Since when did that emotionally constipated model learn to laugh like that?