🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 37

Kihyun walk around looking at the displayed dresses, not one of them catching his attention.

"You see anything you like, dear?"
Hyunwoo's mom appeared from behind him.

Kihyun gave a soft smile, a short second to prepare his voice for a higher pitch before he started talking. "None so far, Eomma" he says, tucking his fake long hair behind his ear.  A mannerism that started as fake and slowly became real.

"Do you have something for me?" He asked the older woman.

Usually, the Hyunwoo's mother bothers herself first in going around and looking for clothes that she thinks would look good on Yeojoo. Yet still, she would still let Kihyun choose for himself. Or should he say, Yeojoo for herself.

So Kihyun knows Ha Jin probably have a few in mind. He was not in the mood to go pick and choose. He'll just see what she has for him and go from there. Plus, he's sure this will make the woman happy, and he adore her enough to want to make her happy. It's not even because of the contract or Hyunwoo. He genuinely like to see her smile. The same way he likes making Ms.Choi proud.

The woman almost squealed like a teenager at the question. Though she looks so sophisticated and stoic on the surface, in times like this, it was obvious she's just a teen girly girl at heart. She's very happy to have a chance to shop and spend girl time with Yeojoo. As much as Ha Jin loves Hyunwoo, something just felt so different shopping with a daughter than with a son.

The woman grabbed Kihyun's wrist and quickly pulled him with her, calling for a worker to assist them as she point on a few dresses she had already eyed before. She made Kihyun try on the dresses, which Kihyun politely declined as changing his clothes there can potentially blow his cover. So they settled on just inspecting the dresses like it's some painting in a gallery. In the end, Kihyun choose a laced long sleeve dress, the bodice silvery and patterned with glittering crystal-like stones with a plain white satin A-line skirt that made his waist look extra smaller.

"But mom, I want this!" He heard Seola complained to her mother. Kihyun was about to roll his eyes and move on but accidentally stayed a second longer to hear what her mother got to say.

"This looks ridiculous, you are not a kid anymore Seola. You're supposed to dress like a woman"

Kihyun raised his eyebrow at that, he discreetly tried to peek to see what was the dress the mother and daughter was fighting about. It was a white and winter blue lolita dress. Kihyun noticed that seemed to be Seola's preferred style. She always wore dresses and style herself in a way that made her look doll-like. In some occasions, one would think she's a cosplayer.

"How about you try this on"

"I don't want that, it's not poofy enough"

"Listen to me, do you think Hyunwoo would notice you if you keep wearing those stupid childish things? You need to start dressing like your age"

Kihyun snorted when Hyunwoo's name was brought up. Is he all these women talk and think about?
It's not like Hyunwoo would care much of what another person is wearing. The man is pretty much unbothered by everything around him. He'd probably care more of what food the party would be serving than the actual guests that would be attending. Kihyun also didn't quite understand why Seola's age is brought up. The girl always looked like her age despite whatever she was wearing. And she is still factually very young. A few years younger than himself, and he is younger than Hyunwoo.

Thinking about it now, it's very concerning how her mother is encouraging her crush over the guy. Their age gap is very wide and he had been told she had been following Hyunwoo for years. It was no wonder Hyunwoo won't even look at her. She's basically a child in his eyes.