"I didn't mean to do it!"

Finally some angst :')
There's still gonna be fluff at the end bc me at night can't handle angst apparently

This will all take place in double life

Hanahaki story bcuz yes
I'm not sure whether I understand the whole idea of hanahaki but I know abt most of it

This contains swearing, bl00d and a small argument. If you aren't comfortable with this, feel free to skip.

This story is probably gonna be really short lol

*Grian's pov/3rd person pov*

"I made them, they're for your secret soulmate"

Those words echoed through the small bird's brain as he thought about what he just done. He started wondering why he was even with bigb in the first place

"I was supposed to protect Scar.. why did i do this?" He chuckled in pain,

He fell into 'their' couch and began drowning in his own tears. 'Why did i do this?' 'What was I thinking?' Started flooding the bird man's brain, as he choked on his tears.

'Huh?' He thought as he felt a sharp pain in the back of his throat, he could barely feel it since the pain was also being drowned out by the sadness, then he began coughing rapidly. "What's happening!?" He yelled as he choked on his words, although that did nothing other than make the pain worse.

Then he saw it.

Rose petals fell, along with a tiny bit of blood following the petals. The amount of shock made the Brit not able to create any words in his head, the only thing that was in his head right now was 2 exclamation marks. He started panicking 'who do I like!?' He wondered 'Oh please don't say this is because of bigb' he started panicking, he knew the secret soulmates things was supposed to be a platonic-ish relationship. Bigb would never like him back!

'Scar!' Was the only name that popped up in his mind during the panic. He took out his communicator and tries his best to type.

*Scar's pov/3rd person pov*

Scar was in bdubs' base. He was chatting with Bdubs and impulse about his soulmate. "He got a 'secret soulmate' and left" Scar told them "I can't imagine what that feels like.." bdubs smiled at impulse.

Then they all heard a 'ding' come from their communicators

"Scar!"
Read just now

"What do you want?"
Sent just now

"Scer, pls4enmfss come to the base right n07laqw"
Read just now

"That's weird" the tall hermit muttered "he usually doesn't mistype things" Scar said "it seems like a keyboard spam instead of a mistype" the mossy man replied.

"Why should i?"
Sent just now

"Pleq6aase, I'm actually b32igngg you."
Read just now

"Why don't you go cry to your 'secret soulmate'? Maybe he'll help you."
Sent just now

"I D9N'T5 C2WIRE AB08TTE BIGB RIG93HT NO2"
Read just now

"He seems mad" Impulse stated "yea no kidding" Bdubs replied

"Okay okay, fine."
Sent just now

"Should I go?" Scar asked "I don't know, it seems important th-"

Bdubs got cut off by Scar coughing loudly, a bit of blood fell out of his mouth. "DUDE YOUR SOULMATE IS DYING!" Impulse yelled "I-i think h-he h-as hana-ha-ki." Scar replied, Coughing with each word

"It's definitely bigb.." Scar muttered as he ran into the cake tower and searched for grian. "I swear if its bigb- GRIAN!?" He yelled as he saw Grian on his hands and knees, coughing up flower petals and blood. As much as Scar 'hates' him, he still cares about his soulmate. So he started panicking when he saw his feathered soul mate like this.

Grian was on the verge on tearing up again. "Scar.." he tried sounding happy as he jumped into his soulmate's arms. Well..Before he got pushed off. "Who is it!?" Scar yelled, but it sounded more confused than angry "What do you mean?" Grian choked

"Its not bigb so who is it?" He calmed down a bit "it's not?" Grian sounded relieved "bigb likes lilacs, not whatever flower you're coughing up." Scar couldn't tell what flower it was, mostly since it was covered in blood. Although he was sure it wasn't lilacs.

Scar started feeling slightly bad when he saw his feathered soul bound start shaking with fear. Grian was scared of him? "I'm sorry.." Grian blurted out "I bet you're gonna immediately go back to bigb after I forgive you" Scar uttered, bitterly. "I said.. I DON'T GIVE A FUCKING SHIT ABOUT BIGB, WHAT PART DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND!?" Grian shrieked loudly as he puffed up his feathers, so loud to the point of Scar almost being on the verge of tears.

"I-'m sorry, scar. I d-id-n't m-ean t-o.." Grian could barely say a word before choking on them. "I didn't mean to do any of this! I just wanted to keep you safe.." Grian cried
"Why did you go to bigb then if you wanted to keep me safe?" Scar asked, quite bitterly, he started panicking again when he saw the bird boy collapsed onto the ground suddenly.

Now all you could hear was sniffling coming from the avian and the taller man attempts at getting an answer. He tried comforting the bird but it seems like the shorter man is too mad at himself from that.

When he finally got enough strength to even muster up a sentence, he immediately tried apologizing to Scar "scar, I'm so sorry..I'm sorry for leaving you." He muttered "I didn't want to go to Bigb.. I wanted to keep you safe." He explained "Then why did you go to bigb?" Scar asked, quite calmly now. "I was sick and tired of seeing you go.. just because of me! I just thought that you wouldn't be able to d!e by my hands if we weren't together.." Grian explained, he sounded quite angry at himself.

*Grian's pov/3rd person pov*
The bird boy looked at the tall man. he saw water fall from the other man's face. Well he just guessed that it was from his face, he didn't have enough energy to tilt his head up. "S-scar? Are you okay?" Grian said concernedly "A-are th-ose r-os-es?" Scar stammered as he saw a more connected pile of petals, Grian's eyes widened. "Wait.. you're favorite flower is roses!" Grian yelled happily.

Scar fell onto his knees to apologize. "I'm so sorry for yelling at you! I didnt think the disease was because of me!" Scar cried "shh it's okay! You didn't know" The feathered man tried reassuring the ranger-looking man.

"I'm sorry for leaving you, I just didn't want to see you get hurt anymore.." Grian muttered "I was supposed to be protecting you, but I did the opposite" The avian continued "..Just let me protect you this time, Grian" Scar replied

(This was inspired by a comic, idk who made it but if you know pls tell me -^-)