5th Tuesday

I woke up Zane was gone and Elijah was sitting next to the door on his chair. "How did the surgery go" I asked weakly "good" he said. "That's good" I said awkwardly.

A few minutes later my doctor walked in. "Hi Miss Emerson, I wanted to come check up on you and see how you are doing but clearly you are doing very well" she said and gave me a big smile "is there any pain anywhere or any discomfort?" She asked me "um...no ma'am i'm doing well" I said and gave her a small smile.

"Okay, i'll have someone come check up on you every couple of hours" she said "okay, thank you" I said and she walked out. I looked at Elijah and felt guilty. "Elijah I-" I whispered "don't, please just don't" he interrupted and threw his head back as he shut his eyes. "No, nothing actually happened, I mean we were going to but we didn't. I'm sorry for that. I feel horrible about it" I said.

"You should" he said as he continued with his head back and eyes shut. "So that's it, we're just not going to talk about this?" I asked "there's nothing to talk about Jane, I mean I don't know why we would talk about it" he said and looked at me as he put his elbows on his knees. The classic position for him.

"Maybe because you fucking almost killed each other over it. Maybe because you left me when I was about to go into surgery and Zane was kicked out by the hospital." I said "it always comes back to him, he's included in everything, why do you still care so much?" He asked me "Elijah he was there for me when you-when the incident happened, he took care of me. Y'all both took care of me when I needed y'all. I can't just forget" I said "what, when I killed your family?" He said and sarcastically chuckled.

"Yes" I said as tears started to pool in my eyes and as my eyes started to sting. "Jane if I could go back and undo what we did, I would" he said "good, it's the least you could do" I said now getting mad "you know what, i'm done, i'm not trying to fight with you in this...state, that you're in" he said and leaned back in his chair.

"There you go, avoiding the problem again" I said "Jane i'm not, we can talk about it later when you're not all drugged up." He said "mhm" I said and sighed then shut my eyes and turned my face away from his as I silently cried. I was fighting everything in me to not burst out in tears.

"Look at me" he said "m-no" I said as my voice cracked "Jane look at me" he said. I ignored him this time and a couple of seconds later I felt him hold my chin and make me face him. "Stop crying" he said and wiped my tears with his thumb. I then let it go and burst out in tears, I covered my face so he wouldn't see me but he took my hands away and hugged me.

"I'm sorry, please don't cry" he said and just held me "I shouldn't be the one crying" I said and hugged him back "it's okay, i'm right here" he said comforting me. Why was I the one crying when I literally had almost kissed Zane and was going all reckless on him?

"I love you no matter what you do, okay?" He said and kissed the side of my head. "I love you" I said and held him tighter. I moved over a bit and he got in the bed with me. "Go to sleep" he said and kissed me. I didn't let him go and soon fell asleep.
————————————————————
I woke up and my ankle stung a bit. "Elijah, move" I said trying to wake him. "Elijah you're heavy, move please" I said and tried to get him off of me but I was to weak. I felt suffocated and I couldn't breathe. I started to panic when suddenly the pain in my ankle became more intense. "OW! FUCK!" I yelled and cried as I tried to move.

I lifted the blanket to see what was going on because it felt like something was eating at my ankle with razor sharp teeth. I almost died from what I saw. My whole leg was black and there was maggots and other things eating at it. "I NEED HELP!" I yelled in blood curling screams.

Not a single person came when they were all literally outside of my room watching me. They all saw me yet not one person helped. I was able to push Elijah off of me and I got out of the bed on my other leg and headed to the hallway, limping, crying, in pain.

I walked to a room where I found a scalpel and took it in my hands. I sat on the chair that was in there and started amputating my own leg. I yelled every time I barely touched my leg. I eventually got to the bone and couldn't cut any more. I continued to ask for help as people walked into the room with me, just watching me.

"I NEED YOU TO HELP ME!" I yelled in pain feeling like I was the only person alive in the room when there were a good 30 surgeons and doctors in the room.

I eventually bled out and gave up.

Teacher's SinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara