Sunset

Ever since we came home three days ago we've been spending every minute together. He didn't go to work and said I was more important than talking to a couple of people for many hours.

"You're going to work tomorrow" I say with my leg on his. My head rested on his chest and he was making figures on my back softly.

"I don't want to" he says and looks down at me "you have to Elijah Clay" I say and look up at him. "I really don't though, I am my own boss" he says and smirks "yes but you have things to do and people to talk to. I mean you've been gone since the day you came back. Usually you are still out working even when you come back" I say.

"Do you want me gone? It seems like you do" he says and tilts his head. "No but you have-" I say but he interrupts me "okay so what's the big deal. You want me here so I'll stay. I don't mind it, and I want to be with you right now. At least a week" He says and kisses me and grabs my leg that was on him from under the sheet.

"You're irresponsable but this time I'm not complaining" I say and smile then climb onto him and my hair falls down. I bend down to kiss him and a few minutes later there we are doing it again.
——————————————————
"I'm hungry" I say and look at him. We were on the couch watching some action movie. He likes action movies and sometimes I do too, this one was okay, not like others that I've seen with him but it was okay.

"What do you want?" He asks "Mhh, Cane's" I say "let's go?" He asks and smiles "yeah" I reply and take the blanket off of us. "Let me go put shorts on at least" I say and walk quickly to the room. I was wearing one of his shirts that fit enormously on me and panties, nothing else which I had forgotten. I go to my closet and find some shorts and throw them on then find some sandals and put those on.

I walk back out and he had a shirt now. "You ready?" He asks and grabs the keys "yeah" I say and walk to him and we walk out the door.

We walk to the car and get in, me with his help, then start heading to town.
——————————————————
"Shit Elijah" I say shocked "what" he says and looks at me as he's holding his open door. "I forgot to put a bra on!" I say and touch my chest. Nope, no bra.

"Do you want to get off? You don't have too, I'll get off" he says and looks at my chest. "Ah fuck it" I say and open my door then get out. "Get your ass back in the car" he says and walks around. I giggle and get back in then shut the door. He opens it and gets me out. "Never" he says and shuts the door behind me as we walk inside.
——————————————————
"That guys staring. Can you notice?" I say and sit up straight so he can tell me if someone could tell if I didn't have a bra on. "Well when you do that yes, which guy" he says and looks around without a care in the world.

"Elijah stop looking around!" I whisper and hit his arm gently to grab his attention. He looks at me quickly. "What! I don't give a shit. What are they going to do? Hit me?" He says in a loud whisper and smirks "stop it!" I say and reply "which guy was it? The perv over there?" He asks and looks and points to some bald white guy with glasses and a farmer kind of shirt.

"Oh my god. No. How do you know he's a perv!" I whisper "he looks like one" he chuckles "Elijah Clay, stop judging people" I say and squint my eyes as I rub my forehead at his behavior. "Yes ma'am" he replies and smiles. MA'AM? I LOVE IT WHEN HE DOES THAT!

I cover my face and smile. "But for real who's the guy?" He says and bends his head down like a little kid trying to tell another a secret.

"The one two tables behind you" I whisper. He sits up straight and turns around to look at the guy. The guy gives Elijah an awkward smile and a slight nod. "What" Elijah mouths to him. The guy looks away from him and looks at the table then to the people that work here. He was uncomfortable and I kind of giggle.

"Elijah stop" I say and pull on his arm a little to grab his attention "he's a perv" he says in an angry tone. "Leave him be, I don't care. Maybe he was just zoned out and happened to be looking my direction "I know a perv when I see one" he says and holds my hand. "Okay, okay. Chill out" I say and give him a smile.

"Are you sure, I'll kill him if I have to Jane" he says and looks at me. "No! Elijah! I'm okay! I'm good, I promise" I whisper and kiss him before he goes on a killing spree.

"Elijah!" A worker calls out and he stands up. I wait for him and he comes back with our food.

"Are we eating here?" He asks "if you want to" I say and shrug "let's go somewhere else" he says and helps me out of my seat.
——————————————————
We were walking to a bench at the park and the sun was beginning to go down.

"It's so pretty out here" I say and look up at the sky. "Almost like you" he says in a whisper and bends down to kiss me. I smile and kiss him once again.

We make it to the bench and we sit down next to each other. He gives me my food and my drink and grabs his. We start eating and talking about random stuff.
——————————————————
"It's dark and I'm getting bitten by mosquitoes out here" he says grumpy.

"Want to get in the car or just go home?" I ask "whatever you want" he says and looks at me "let's go to the car" I say and stand up from the ground then help pull him up but I don't do much.

We walk to the car and get in. "I know it's early but when do you want to have children" I ask and sit on my seat with my legs crossed and my whole body is facing his. "Whenever you're ready" he says and smiles "but if you had to choose when?" I ask "now, right now" he says and tilts his head.

"Really?" I say surprised at his response "yes" he answers and smiles. "What about getting married" I say and regret it "I'm already ready. You know that" he says and touches my leg. "I do, that was a stupid question" I say and look away from him and to the dark park. I could see people from the cars headlights. A few people were walking and some had kids and a dog. We already had the dog. We just needed kids and the fact that we were married.

"It wasn't" he says "whatever you say" I say and smile.
——————————————————
Authors Note
Hey guys, this chapter was on the sweet and jumpy side not like the others. We needed some kind of cute couple stuff after everything that has happened. I'm thinking about ending this book soon. I need ideas and any ideas you guys have would help me come up with something. I love you all and thank you all for reading. 🫶🏻