Elijah

I waited in the car for her. I couldn't be around her tonight, not anymore. She stumbled and almost fell a couple of times and I wanted nothing but to go help her but I also couldn't do that to myself.

She had just cheated on me and I felt so betrayed. I mean I was planning on asking her to marry me, tomorrow. Now that's all gone. We had also just had the most perfect day. The lake, the picnic, everything was perfect.

When she was inside the house I turned the car on and started driving. I don't know where but I was driving.
——————————————————
"Can I please just get a fucking room! I DON'T CARE WHAT KIND OR IF IT HAS A BED! JUST GET ME A ROOM!" I yelled at the idiot man that gave people their rooms. "Sorry sir! Room 424" he said afraid and gave me a key "thank you, fuck!" I said and took the key card.

I stepped on the elevator and went to the fourth floor. I walked to my room and went in. I put my keys on the table and took my blazer off then undid my belt. I sat down on a chair thinking about everything. I cried and talked to myself like a crazy person. Eventually I got up from the chair and laid down on the bed.

Maybe I did something and it pissed her off so she did that. Maybe it's cause of me.

I mean she looked...fuck. I can't. I can't think about another man touching her in ways I have. Fuck! Fuck Jane!

I rolled over to see out the window and it looked beautiful. Colorado looked so good at night.

I've done this with Jane.

I turned around to the other side and faced my back to the window. "Jesus fuck!" I groaned and sat up.

Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep!

"I can't sleep" I say to myself and get up from the bed. I grab my belt and put it on then grab my blazer and my keys. I grab the hotel key and take the elevator down. I give it to the idiot man and walk out. "Sir since you didn't stay the night we don't charge" he yells as I'm walking out "I don't care" I say and leave.

I walk to my car and once again start driving. I'm going fucking crazy without her and it's barely been a couple hours.
——————————————————
"Coffee, just coffee please. I don't want whatever the hell you said. I just want coffee" I say annoyed at the girl working at this stupid ass place. The sign outside is green but it's weird, I don't know.

"Yes sure I don't care" I say to giving her a tip. I just wanted to get out and go back to the lake.

"Thank you" I say and walk to a chair then wait for them to make me fucking, coffee. Like the shit that you can do at home.

Minutes later my name gets called and I go grab it. I hear some girl call me cute and I decide to tease her.

"I appreciate it, want my number?" I say and stop to talk to her. She looks at her friends and they all smile. She was maybe 18 and I'd never do that to Jane.

"Su-yes yes" she says happily and hands me her phone. I take it and give her one of my workers phone. "Here you go" I say and walk away.

The girls act like thirteen years olds because I hear them squeal as I'm leaving.
——————————————————
I wanted to go to the lake so bad but not being there with Jane and knowing the circumstances that we were in didn't let me. I decided to go home and go to my office and set up a training day for me and everyone else.
——————————————————
Next Morning
"I don't know if y'all remember training days or how they work but I don't really care because this time they're not the same. You, and you, and you, and all of you will be provided with only a gun and a thirty pound bullet proof vest, it's not a lot unless you're...skimpy over there. He looks afraid, anyone know why?" I ask as I'm walking through everyone. No one's answers.