Graduation

Jane's POV:
I was getting ready for graduation and so was Elijah who was next to me. "Are you excited!" I say happily "very, I can't stand going to school anymore and all of the hard work we did these past two years is so worth it, I just hate that you're going away to college" he says with a smile on his face. He was trying to but his tie on but kept messing up so I took it into my own hands and did it for him.

"I know Eli, it's three years and in between we get to see each other on holidays and all of my breaks." I say "that's too long!" He says and kisses my forehead.

"Then move with me, buy a house in Colorado and we can see each other every day, that is if I don't end up falling asleep in my classes for the night." I say and giggle "Jane I'd have to move all of the business and all of my people, everything, literally, everything with me" he says "so do it, I'll help you, just come with me" I say.

"Are you even sure you want me to" he says and moves a hair away from my face then holds and rest his hands at my hips"yes Eli!" I say and go back to fixing my hair. He thinks about it for a while on my bed. "I'll do it, we can move to Colorado" he says and smiles "really!" I say happily and walk towards him "yes my love" he says. I kiss him and pull away. "Good because I needed someone to bitch to and bother anyway, and you're just perfect for it" I say and smile.

He smiles and rolls his eyes at me playfully. "Are you happy about going into psychology?" He asks "very, I've wanted to do it since I was little" I say "I'm proud of you Jane" he says and holds my back "thank you" I say and give him a smile then kiss him.
——————————————————
We were finding a parking space at the building and eventually we found one. Many people were going inside the big building and there was many lights inside. "I'm nervous now" I say "you'll be okay love, I promise, you got this" he says. The feeling of no one rooting for me as I walk to stage hits me. My parents weren't going to record me, my siblings wouldn't get to see me finish this path and start a new one. Zane wouldn't see me walk across the stage either. Kory and Eliza wouldn't be yelling congratulations mom to me or anything, I could only feel proud of myself.
——————————————————
I was next and I was nervous, Elijah was four people behind me and many people were staring at the stage. Ashley grabbed her diploma and waved at her parents then I was next. "Jane Emerson, starting a new school in Denver Colorado. Getting her masters in psychology and starting a career from that which she plans to do." The man says. I walk the stage and all I hear is.

"GOOD JOB MOM! I-I'M HAPPY FOR YOU!" Eliza's voice screams "CONGRATULATIONS MOM!" Kory yells "CONGRATULATIONS JANE!" I hear Zane's voice "I'm proud of you" Elijah's voice says.

Oh my god.

I look for them and take my diploma. I walk off of the stage and continue looking for them. A little hand catches my eyes and it was Eliza. She's so big.

She was wearing a pink dress and her hair was in two ponytails with two little bows. Kory was wearing jeans and a pretty shirt and a layered cardigan. Her hair was down but pinned back with a ribbon. Zane was next to them smiling at me. He was wearing black slacks and a black button down.

I start getting emotional and start crying, I sit down at my chair and look back at them. They wave and I felt so relieved that I wasn't alone today. I wipe my happy tears and wave at them before turning around to face the stage to look at Elijah.

Four people went and then it was his turn. They call his name and he walks the stage. I immediately start yelling excitedly for him and so do the girls, remembering him. His parents don't say anything which saddens me for him but they are here so I'm still grateful for that.

He smiles at me and waves at the girls. He walks off of the stage and walks towards his chair which wasn't far from mine.

I give him a smile as he sits down and I continue watching the other people get their diploma.
——————————————————
We get dismissed to go reunite with our family members and immediately I start looking for Eliza and Kory. Elijah helps me and soon I see Kory and Eliza running at me with Zane, only he wasn't running.

I bend down and hold my arms out for them and soon I feel them hug me. It had been so long since we'd seen each other that I was starting to forget how they sounded. I cry to them and they cry to me while Elijah and Zane stood over us, smiling.

"Hi girls" I say wiping my smeared mascara. They can't put word together but just cry to me. I kiss their heads and I could no longer pick Eliza up. Kory was way taller and Eliza was just growing. "I can't pick you up anymore baby" I say and kiss her head once again. "I'm big mom!" She says and wipes her tears.

I stand up and hold their hands. "Hey, I'm sorry I look a mess now, but thank you for being here today, I'm grateful" I say and hug Zane quickly. I don't love him much anymore.

"I told you I'd be here on the happiest day of your life, psychology? Would've thought you would've been more of a doctor of some kind" he says "yeah I mean, I love learning about people" I say and smile.

"That's good, I'm proud" he says and smiles. His beard was more grown out and his hair was a little lighter. His figure was still the same and he had a few more wrinkles to his features. "Thank you Zane, when did you make the flight?" I ask "yesterday morning, Elijah got a hold of me and told me about graduation, well, today, so I got the girls and flew over here" he says and smiles. "Wow, thank you Zane, and thank you Eli" I say and give Elijah a side hug.

"Are y'all going to go back home tonight or what?" I ask "no we're spending one more day here so we'll leave Sunday morning" he says "oh okay, well what are y'all planning on doing tonight?" I ask him "we were just going to go back to the hotel and chil probably" he says "well, me and Elijah were going to dinner, if you guys want to come" I say and look at the girls then look at Elijah who nods and then look back at Zane.

"No, no, I couldn't ruin y'all's night together" he says "please Zane, I haven't seen y'all in what, two years? It's one night and then it's back to what we were doing before" I say "do y'all want to?" He asks the girls. "Yeah!" They both say. He looks at Elijah for his approval and Elijah nods then smiles at me.

"Um okay, so Elijah can call you and send you our pin to where we are. It's probably be around 7:00, so you have plenty of time to go take y'all selves a jet lag nap." I say and smile. "I know, we need one" he says "I bet" I say and bend down to hug the girls one more time until later. They hug me and kiss me on the cheek. I kiss their heads and stand back up. They go to Zane and I hug Elijah. "Well we'll see y'all later" I say and smile.

"Say bye" Zane says to the girls and they wave bye at me. I wave back and me and Elijah walk opposite of them.

"Thank you Eli" I say and kiss him as I'm side hugging him. "I know you needed it" he says and kisses me again. "We graduated Eli!" I say happily "we did it my love" he replies and smiles. We start cheering and get in the car.