Next Month

"Eli!" I scream "what! Are you okay!" He yells and I hear him coming at me quickly. "Yes but can we get a dog! PLEASE" I ask from the couch excitedly like a little girl who just got her new barbie doll. "Jane holy shit. Why'd you scream for me like if you were dying" he says and calms himself.

"I had to get you down here somehow" I say and fix the blanket that was on me. "Wh-what about who's dog again?" He says confusedly changing the subject and smiles gently at me. "Ours!" I say and give him a big smile. He looks at me confused.

"My love I don't know what you're on but we don't have a dog, are you sure you're okay" he asks and smiles then tilts his head in a jokingly way. "Eli!" I say and throw a couch pillow at him. He catches it of course.

"Please, come, come, come. Look at him!" I beg and show my phone to him which had a picture of a black Great Dane. "That's not a dog Jane, It's to big to be a dog. That's a fucking human at this point" he says and laughs then stands back up.

I giggle with him but keep showing him pictures. "Ah, he is kind of cute" he says leaving me hopeful "I guess" he sighs and smiles at me. "REALLY!" I say excitedly and jump up from the couch "go ahead" he says and smiles. "Thank you Eli!" I say and pull his face in to kiss him. "Mhm" he says between our kisses.

"Baby number one coming already?" I say jokingly "we could make it two" he says and smirks then winks at me. I gasp surprised at his response. "Eli!" I say and hit him arm gently, playfully.

"I'm kidding love!" He says and kisses me "unless you're down for it" he adds and puts his maybe face on. I look at him.

Do you even want kids Elijah Clay?

"You want kids?" I ask and hold his hand. "Yes, of course, have we not been over this?" He asks and gives me a confused look. "No, I don't think so" I say and give him a small smile.

He walks around to the other side of the couch and sits down. "I want two kids, older boy and younger girl, if possible, if not whatever god gives us is also great." He says and smiles at me.

I just fell more in love.

"I love you" I say and smile at him. "Were you not going to love me if I said no?" He asks and smiles "no" I say playfully and smile. "Ouch" he says and fakes being sad by putting his left hand on his chest. "No, I'm kidding, I would but-" I say but he cuts me off "let's not talk about it because I do want kids, yeah?" He says and tilts his head slightly.

"Ah, you're right" I say and smile then kiss him. "But for now, one will do" he says and smiles then puts his hand on the side of my cheek and my neck, rubbing my cheek with his thumb.
——————————————————
We were going to go pick up our dog and I was so excited. "You think he'll fill the back up?" I ask and smile at him "I know it will, it's a Great Dane, they're fucking huge" he says and looks at me then smiles. "Ahh, it's okay, he'll look tiny compared to the house" I say "I'm not saying he won't but have you ever seen a Great Dane?" Elijah asks and continues driving.

"No" I say intimidated by him. "Well you're in for a surprise" he says and smiles then scoffs.
——————————————————
Big, big, big, huge dog. Holy fuck. How can an animal be this big. Oh my, it's coming towards me. It's going to eat me alive. Elijah help, now. Help now.

The dog was walking towards me, it looked like it was going to bite me and I almost shat myself when it stopped right in front of me.

"H-hi" I say nervously and hesitate to pet him. He moves closer to me and I continue. I try not to be afraid with him knowing that dogs can smell fear.