7th Monday

Authors Note
Hey guys, this chapter is going to be one of my more sensitive pieces and will go into detail about Jane getting sexually assaulted. I will put a trigger warning before and feel free to skip over that part if you can't read it. I'm writing this about my experience with that trauma, some parts I wrote because of the setting that the book is in but didn't happen to me personally. Remember that it isn't you fault if anything like this or closely related to this type of situation happened to you. I love you all.🫶🏻
————————————————
Jane's POV;
"Elijah, wake up" I say scared. "What, what's wrong, are you okay, did you have another nightmare?" He asks concerned. "No, shh" I whisper. "What? Why?" He asks "shh! Listen, downstairs" I whisper. We stay quiet for a couple of seconds and then suddenly then was a big crash downstairs. "Did someone break in?" I ask, scared, my heart was racing and I was panicking internally.

He gets out of the bed and grabs his gun from his dresser. "Oh my god" I say scared. "Listen to me Jane, I need you to hide, hide in my closet, there's a little room just big enough for you to fit in, it's behind my gun case get in there and whatever happens I need you to stay in there, even if you hear gunshots" he says. "No, Elijah, I can't" I say "do it now!" He says in a stern tone.

I run to his closet and look for the gun case and eventually find it. I move it out of the way and open the little door. I get in and shut it. It was so dark and quiet. "Are you okay?" He asks from outside "I-I'm okay" I say shaking. "Do not leave, I'll come get you when this is over" he says "okay, okay" I say scared.

He leaves and soon all I hear is fighting and gunfire. "Please be okay, please be okay" I whisper to myself "clear the room!" A man says "oh my god" I whisper to myself and put my hands up to my mouth to keep quiet.

"Bathrooms clear, check the closet!" Multiple men say. At this point I'm crying trying not to cry loudly. "Ouu look what I found" a guy says and I hear the opening of the gun case. I'm okay, I'm okay, I'm okay, I'll be okay, I'll be okay.

"Take them, all" a man says and soon the gun case was taken away. There was one more guy still in the closet and he was looking for valuables. What's this?" He whispers right next to the door to where I was in.

Fuck. Shit, shit, shit.

He opens the door slowly and I kick the door hitting him in the head, knocking him out. I take the gun he had on him and hit him with it multiple times so he doesn't wake up for a couple of minutes. "HEY!" A man yells and runs at me. I turn around and shoot the gun. I just shot a man.

"FUCK!" I yell and run out of the closet but am taken in by another guy. "Hey missy, where do you fucking think you're going?" He asks and hits my hand on the wall that had the gun. "LET ME GO!" I yell and try fighting him. I drop the gun. FUCK JANE!

He picks me up from behind and I'm kicking and trying to get free from him. There's still gunfire going on downstairs but this time there was more. Like more people were down there and I knew that Elijah couldn't help me right now, only I could help myself.

He throws me on the bed and I stand up on the bed and try to run but once again he runs and grabs me and locks the door. Fucking asshole.

"Let me go" I say angrily as he's holding me in his arms "well you don't play nice do you? You are, extremely pretty though" he says and scans my body. Pervert.

"I'm not asking you again" I say and make eye contact with him dropping all emotions and letting every piece of anger I have in me, get to me, so I can fight this guy if I have to.

"Who do you think you are?" He says and grins "LET ME GO!" I yell and knee his private area. "FUCK!" He yells and let's me go. I run to the door trying to unlock it but my hands were sweaty and I couldn't unlock it and before I knew it I was back on the bed. He was now on top of me.