5th Wednesday

Yesterday was a haze, I hoped it was all fake and all I had to do was wake up to a great day, that wasn't the case this time. I woke up still in the hospital bed, Elijah sleeping next to me, in the same hospital room, and the same smell of a clean hospital room filling the air. I sighed thinking about how another long day was coming at me.

"You're up" Elijah whispered in his morning voice "good morning" I said and smiled when he kissed me "good morning my love" he said and kissed me again. I put my head back on the bed and loosened myself up because I was tense.

"How'd you sleep?" I gave him a slight smile and waited for his response. He looked at me for a second "as good as I can in a hospital bed" he said and chuckled. "I guess so" I replied and looked around the room looking for something that could catch my attention. "Want to tell me what was going on yesterday?" I asked and tilted my head.

"Do you really want to know?" He asked in the most questionable way "I do" I replied and waited for him to explain "basically...drug...money, has been transported and delivered wrongly to me and supposedly from me. They came and thought we'd put up with their shit, you wanted to know, there you go" he answered, shocking me.

"Drug money? Like you move drugs?" I asked "no, I move the money, they move the drugs, i'm not that stupid" he said with an attitude "I was just asking Elijah, why the hell are you so mad about me asking about what my boyfriend does for a living?" I said, now annoyed.

"I am not, just tired" he replied with a softer tone "alright whatever" I said and turned my head away from him then shut my eyes wanting to go back to sleep "look at me Jane" he said "i'm going to sleep Elijah" I replied and tried to get as comfortable as possible "I wasn't asking" he said. I turned my head and looked at him, "what do you want" I asked.

"Let's go home" he said and gave me a smile "fucking finally" I sighed and waited for him to get off the bed and call my doctor. A few minutes later they both walked in and she examined my foot one last time making sure that I could feel pain and that I wasn't going numb.

"Ow ow ow" I winced and moved her hand away "okay, so you'll be good in about a week to start walking again, if you stay off of it and put no pressure on it" she said as Elijah and her got me in the wheel chair. "Yep" I said and grabbed my phone "you call me or get a hold of me if anything, I mean anything happens okay?" She said and started to push me out of the room.

She then took me to the front desk and gave me some papers that let me sign out, and soon me and Elijah were on the way home.
——————————————————
"I want to lay down Elijah!" I yelled "please mama, all you have to do is sit there" he said flattering me "mama?" I asked myself "let's go" I said nervously. Fucking bitch knew how to get me to say yes every time.

We started heading to where he was going to go in the first place but felt the need to take me. "How long will this take" I asked annoyed "like ten minutes" he said and kissed my head. "Okay" I said and shut my eyes trying to sleep because I was tired. "I just need to watch you at all times" he said "no, you don't" I said and looked at him.

"Where do you think i'm going to go with a fucked up ankle" I asked, now mad "it's not you i'm worried about Jane" he said quietly "are you serious, this is about Zane? Take me back home please" I said before I started a shit storm. "No Jane" he said "TAKE ME FUCKING HOME ELIJAH!" I yelled angrily.

I felt like crying because of how angry I was and turned away from him.

"We're canceling until tomorrow" I hear him say and turned the car around. "What?" I asked and looked at him, he was on the phone. "No, no, no, I said take ME home, not let's go home!" I said and took the phone from him.

"Yeah um, whoever you are, he'll be there in about twenty minutes" I said into the phone then hung up. "Are you fucking serious Jane" he said in a different tone, an angrier tone. "Take me home" I replied and kept his phone incase he wanted to call again.

I faced the window and he drove faster towards the house. "Bitch" I whispered under my breath "what the fuck did you just call me?" He asked and turned my head "a bitch" I replied wondering if he wanted me to be scared "really Jane? That's the least I expected from you" he said and let my face go angrily, making it jerk.

"Oh fuck you! Least expected?" I said angrier this time "yes, you're all "goody goody" aren't you!" He yelled back making the car swerve "MAYBE I AM!IT DOESN'T MEAN I WON'T FUCKING ARGUE WITH YOU, DUMBASS!" I yelled back with hand gestures.

"You know what your problem is Jane? Your problem is that you can't ever be wrong, you always HAVE to be right and can never at least see where the other person is coming from because you're stubborn and spoiled!" He yelled "BECAUSE I AM RIGHT! THERE HASN'T BEEN A TIME WHERE IM ARGUING WITH SOMEONE AND THEY'RE RIGHT! YOU'RE STUPID LIKE EVERYONE ELSE THAT I ARGUE WITH!" I yelled back now crying.

"You need to shut up before you say something you'll regret" he said "and what are you going to do, huh? Hit me, or hurt me again? It's not like I didn't deal with it the last time you did" I said angrily "I knew it, you'll never forgive me. I know it was a dumb and reckless mistake, but I didn't mean to!" He yelled.

"Okay, drop it" I said and shut up before continuing. "No Jane i'm not going to just drop it, you brought it up so why do I have to stop talking about it!" He started getting angrier every second more that he spoke to me.

"ELIJAH DROP IT! JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I yelled and he quickly shut up, he was surprised of my reaction and I could tell.

The car was silent. Only the sound of us going over the speed limit was heard. I felt horrible for yelling at him like this but he just wouldn't shut up. Neither of us said a word or tired to. I just looked out the window and he drove. We looked like divorced parents arguing, their children in the back of the car listening to them argue about everything, except...we didn't have kids.
——————————————————
I was laying down and Elijah had left the house to go do whatever he was going to do. Lenora and me were the only ones at the house, she came up here about every thirty minutes to check up on me and see if I was okay. I appreciated her and everything she does for me and Elijah. I'd probably never be an ass to her if I was Elijah. She's stuck with him for so long and has had to deal with his shit for a long time.

What i'm saying is that she doesn't get the appreciation that she deserves. "Lenora!" I yelled, she walked into my room right after knocking, "yes ma'am" she questioned "could you bring me a checkbook please" I said "yes ma'am" she stated, she left and came back quickly.

"I want to thank you for everything that you do Lenora, you're such a kind woman, and I appreciate everything that you do for us, mostly him because he's picky about everything but honestly, thank you" I said as I wrote a check. "Oh thank you ma'am" she said and gave me a small smile.

"Take this, never share it with anyone besides your family, use it to your advantage, pay off any debt you might have and most of all have a little fun with it. It's okay to go out sometimes, i'll take over, when i'm healed of course." I said and chuckled "yes ma'am, thank you so much, do you really want to do this? It's a lot of money" she said "you deserve every part of it" I said and handed her all of my inheritance from my parents, every last bit.

"Take it and go take out your money" I said "thank you so much ma'am" she said kindly "you are welcome" I said and she left the room all smilie. I smiled and rested my head back down on my pillow.