6th Monday, continued...

Elijah's POV:
"Promise to always talk to me after this even if you're mad at me" she asks and her voice is shaky and I know this is hurting her. "I-" I say but I'm not sure I can keep this promise. I'll try like hell to do so because I genuinely love her but I don't know what circumstances we'll be in after.

"I promise" I say and stand up and kiss her forehead then walk to my room. Every step I take further away from her makes me want to run back to her more and more but I know that she'll be better off by herself for a while and she can always come back to me whenever.

I shut the door and let out a big sigh and start crying. I sit down on my bed and try to stop crying so I can go to my office to talk to my people about the business trip that I talked to Jane about but I can't stop. I want to go to the room she's currently in and just hug her and kiss her one last time but I can't bring myself to do it.

I lay down stare up at the ceiling. Suddenly there's a knock at the door and I so badly want it to be Jane. I get up from the bed quickly and open the door but it isn't Jane, it's Lenora. "Sir are you alright?" She asks concerned "fine, what do you need" I ask "There's three men downstairs wanting to talk to you" she says "tell them that I'll be down in a second" I say "yes sir" she says and leaves downstairs.

I shut the door and wipe my tears and head to the sink to wash my face. Once I finish I start heading downstairs trying to forget about Jane for a little while I talk to the guys downstairs.
——————————————————
I wake up in the couch with the bottle in my hand, my head is pounding and feels like it's going to explode. I get up from the couch and go upstairs. I knock. "Yeah?" Janes voice says weakly "Jane? Are you okay?" I ask concerned "yep" she says quietly. "Can you come outside?" I ask "yeah" she says and eventually comes out.

Her eyes were red and puffy, her mascara was running down her face. "Is it because of me?" I ask sadly, she doesn't say anything to me but just stands there. Like if she didn't want to say yes or no. I pull her in and wrap my arms around her. She immediately starts crying and I know it was because of me. I made her cry, once again.

"I'm sorry Jane, I'm so, so sorry" I say and start to tear up. She only cries while holding me and I'm only trying to comfort her because I feel like I can't do anything to make her feel better.

I know she knows that us taking time apart is good for her but I also know it's hurting her. "Jane I didn't break up with you because I don't love you or I don't care about you, I did it because I've already hurt you so much and you don't deserve it, I love you so very much Jane and I just want you to be good." I say and pick her head up.

"Then why does it feel like I'm going to lose you forever Elijah" she says "because it hurts" I say and kiss her forehead before hugging her once again. We stand there for a while and just cry.

"I love you Elijah" she says "and I love you" I say and pull away and grab her face and give her a small smile. We stare at each other without saying a word and tension builds. She comes closer and tiptoes. "Jane" I whisper knowing what she wants to happen "Elijah" she whispers back to me.

We stare for a couple more seconds and give in.

I bend down a little to kiss her and she kisses me back. We continue kissing for a while. "Why are we doing this to ourselves" I say and pull away "I don't know" she says and has a face expression of hurt on her. "Just remember I love you and I will forever" I say and kiss her forehead one last time.

"I love you" she says and lets me go and once again I feel empty and that same  pounding in my head.

Teacher's SinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara