Chapter 10 Interrogation Part 1 ✔️

A/N

The next 3 chapters is solely in River's POV. And will take place on Day 3.

It will be broken down into 3 parts.

And I'm not sure I've said it before but River is a fucking badass!!!!

Just a note here, but good, tough guys are so damn hot! Even temperamental ones like Drew.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Drew can be pissed all he wants. I honestly get why he wants his chance at the men who essentially aided in Sky being taken. If it weren't for them, John would still be locked up, and Sky would still be here with us, where she belongs, but I have to do this alone.

A true man of his word Noah intervenes, keeping Drew occupied and going over the few details that they have gathered so far. Mostly things we already know, so that I will have uninterrupted access to the guards.

Even though Drew knows what I am doing, it wouldn't be unlike him to try to come in.

There are three of them. All men, each with their own reasons for doing what they did.

I tell Maddox to have them separated before I get here. Keep them apart for as long as he can.

In order to carry out what I have planned, I need them to be alone.

It will be much easier to break them this way.

Now, I have been given clear instructions that I can't kill them, with Maddox being sure to drive that point home to me repeatedly. Damn, it sure is a shame, but by the time I am through with them, they will wish they were.

See, that is a huge reason why I can't allow Drew to be here. He would act first and ask questions later. He has an explosive temper, especially when it comes to Sky. Mine is just as bad—worse, if truth be told—but what he lacks that I don't is control.

I have always been better at keeping a handle on my emotions than Drew is. 

The same seething rage burns inside both of us, no doubt an unfortunate genetic side effect of our psychotic sperm donors.

But I am able to keep them buried underneath the surface, letting them out in a way that I can use to my advantage.

Drew is a ticking time bomb, just waiting for any excuse to blow. I, on the other hand, am calm and cool on the surface, with a burning portal of pent-up rage carefully hidden below, so they never expect it from me.

I flip through the detailed notes that Noah has prepared for me. 

The first guy—David Foreman.
Twelve years as an officer with Holsun State Maximum Security Prison.

Never married, no kids.

Not much family to speak of.

There has to be something in here that I can use.

As a juvenile, he was arrested for petty larceny...

Wait...

There is something. It looks like George Cassidy was the one who bailed him out.

Well, I guess we will just have to see what that is all about...

I enter the room halfway expecting to find a large man, somewhat fitting of the role he has played for the last twelve years, but instead what I find is a scrawny little man who appears to have already been crying long before I even enter the room.