Chapter 15 A House Is Not A Home✔️

A/N

This chapter is solely from Sky's perspective. She recalls past memories as she realizes where she is being held.

This chapter also makes some references to details in Protect Me. See if you can spot them.  If you do, let me know in the comments.

Let's see who has been paying attention. 

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Sky

■■■

In and out of consciousness, John carries me from my tiny basement room.

I thought that I had figured out where I was, and even though my head and my vision are foggy, I now know for sure that I am right.

We are in the old farmhouse in Kentucky.

The first home I remember. The one we lived in before all of the moves began. Before Marvin became so paranoid and forced us to move every couple of years.

I lived here in this house, the house that is now my prison, with Marvin, Linda, and River.  We lived here from the time that I was born and for the first several years of my life, up until the paranoia and the constant moving started. Drew, Barbara, and George lived next door until a legitimate accidental fire broke out and destroyed much of their house; after that, the three of them moved in here with us for a short time as well.

I know now that the moving and the paranoia were both caused by my real grandfather, who sent people to try and find me.

He dedicated the remaining part of his life to it, and he nearly succeeded a few times.

It was here in this house, though, that I had what I thought were some of the best memories of my childhood.

As John carries me up the stairs, we move through the hallway and into the living room...

My mind wanders back to simpler times. Times when the evil I now know was merely the thing of sleeping nightmares, not waking ones...

Me and River sitting around the Christmas tree on Christmas morning, opening presents, Drew coming in with Barb and George...

"Yes!" Drew screams, jumping up and down excitedly! "This was the exact game I asked for!"

"No way!" River screams back, grabbing the new game from his hands. "We have got to play this!"

"After opening the rest of your gifts and eating boys." Mom tells them with a smile.

"I want to play too!" I whine, from the floor, holding my new Barbie doll.

"You are too little to play Zelda, princess." Drew tells me.

"Am not! River will let me play, right, River?"