Chapter 12 Interrogation Pt3 ✔️

A/N

Third and final part of River interrogating the guards.

And we finally get some answers.

And a lot more questions.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Michael Vanguard

39

Married for 4 years.

One kid, a son.

Extensive connection to John Stevens.

Nephew to John, belonging to John's half brother and only sibling, Porter Stevens.

A family connection was not established before because Michael was raised as a 'Vanguard' (his mother's maiden name) after Porter left the family when he was a child.

Not much is known about Porter other than that he seems to have been a lot like John; his involvements, or lack thereof, with any business are not known; the only thing known about their relationship is that they were close.

Porter's whereabouts are undetermined.

It is unclear if Michael knew about John or their kinship before being assigned as his guard.

The third guard.

There are more than these three bastards that helped aid John, but their involvement is not personal, and they were all threatened into compliance.

I put the folder down after skimming through it one last time.

As soon as I enter the last room, I can see that the similarities between Michael and John are more than just blood.

He looks just like a smaller, more physically built version of his uncle.

It wouldn't take a genius to figure out that they were some relation.

"Well, if it isn't River Andrews." He says smiling as I walk in.

Why is it all these pricks seem to know who I am?

"If it isn't the scumbag, Michael Vanguard." I say in response.

"Guess you are here to play some game with my head and figure out why I broke John out, huh?"

"Well, you are half right." I say sitting down in the chair across from him.

"Oh?" He asks intrigued.

"I am here to get answers, but I am not interested in the games. You are going to tell me what I want to know."

"You sure about that?" He asks with an arrogant smirk.

"Yeah, I am."

At this point, I am over all of their fucking attitudes.