Chapter 19 ... ✔️

A/N

This will be a split chapter.

The first half will be from Sky's POV and the second half will be from Drew's POV

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Sky

For whatever reason, when John drugged me, I  kept having messed-up sexual dreams and hallucinations, but now I try to keep my mind off of Drew and River as much as I possibly can. Off of everyone back home, because I know that if I don’t, then I will surely break down.

And right now, that is the last thing that I need.

I need to stay level-headed and learn as much as I can.

Yet their faces still come to the forefront of my mind.

...

I will get home to you.

After a day of being allowed upstairs in the main part of the house.

I have learned that I am the only woman here, which is great because it means that at least they haven't seemed to have intergated back into their previous habits of abducting women, aside from me.

I have also learned that there are indeed only five men here.

John, of course. Marvin, and the three other men who seem to be entirely devoted solely to John, just as I had previously suspected.

The three henchmen don't interact with me, and when they do, it is easy to see their utter annoyance at anything they are asked to do. They don't express any complaints in front of John; they leave that for when he is out. But they leave me alone unless absolutely necessary. Instead, they tend to pretend that I am not even here.

Which honestly suits me just fine.

The less attention they pay, the better.

They make me sit in the living area whenever John has to be gone, which he has been several times already. 

The trips are short and frequent.

Long enough for a phone call, or what I highly suspect is drug use, I have yet to figure out what exactly his motives are for leaving the house to do it, but I have yet to figure out exactly what his motives are for any of this.

During his trips, I am left in the living room.

The living room, kitchen, and dining areas are all on an open floor plan, and they can watch me from more or less anywhere downstairs.

The upstairs only contains a few bedrooms, a long hallway, and two bathrooms. The only time I see anyone actually go up there is when one of the henchmen is changing shifts, or at least I assume that is what they are doing. Every few hours, one of the three will go upstairs, then come back down. I don't make much of it, and none of them seem to either. But it helps me establish some kind of routine and establish exactly how things around here seem to work.

So, I sit quietly, not speaking but rather observing, taking in as much as I can about each of their mannerisms and routines.

Since I have been moved upstairs from the basement, John hasn't been drugging me. Or if he is, he is being far more discreet, and it is in smaller amounts. Plus, I think that it helps that I am able to be a lot more observant than I was before.