Ch. 16 - I'd Rather Take Theoretical Classes... (2)

█████████████

█████████████

While Jaiden was busy regretting the fact that he worked hard on his theoretical classes, the knights came to him. Their eyes were all blazing with a sense of duty. They were trying to prevent others from taking a talented seedling away from their grasp.

This time, Jaiden was being rolled hard in a corner of the training grounds. Another kind of hell began for him when the knights recognized that he had great skills in swordsmanship.

The knights, in the name of testing his physical strength, trained him with the soldiers to hone his discipline and basic swordsmanship.

"Heok... heok..."

"You got a pretty solid foundation there. We can even start with the Imperial Basic Swordsmanship right now."

"I agree. Your sword skills are good, number 13."

"Heok... heok... Yes."

"You told us that you did not learn any other swordsmanship, right?"

"...That's right."

After hearing Jaiden's answer, the knights looked at him in satisfaction. Then they began to teach him Imperial Basic Swordsmanship.

There were two great forces in the Northeast Army. One was the Great Monster Special Response Corps, who worked with swordsmanship and direct combat to deal with monsters, while the other was the Special Reconnaissance Unit that specialized in exploring special terrains and responding to monsters.

They were generally called Monster Knights and Monster Rangers and were the two key forces of the Northeast. They were a group of people with strong self-esteem and pride so they always put a check on each other. Never wanting the other to one up them.

As a result of this rivalry, the Knights had moved to try and take away Jaiden, the person that the rangers had been eyeing.

It did not matter if he did not have any talent but when they came to him, they found out that Jaiden's foundation on basic swordsmanship was extremely solid. This meant that Jaiden had a talent to become a knight. And once the knights realized this, they could not sit still anymore as they began to roll him like crazy.

The Imperial Basic Swordsmanship as well as the proper use of magic for monster hunting and warfare were only taught once the student reached the upper years in the academy but Jaiden was learning them all right now. The problem was that learning all of them at once was not an easy feat.

"Heok... heok..."

―Tweet!

After finally realizing that they had rolled him too hard, the knights gave Jaiden a break with a slightly apologetic look on their faces. Once the knights stepped back to give him space, Baepsae, who had been away on a trip, came back and settled on Jaiden's head.