Ch. 146/150 - The Capital's Collapse

█████████████

The Capital’s Collapse (1)

█████████████

Iron and his troops, who had made a huge stir in the Center, appeared with the advent of the sanctuary.

The knight order rushed forward as the aerial assault unit jumped down from the drake unit. The rangers also appeared accompanied by artillery fire.

With their appearance, the Death Corps’ rear had been thrown into chaos. Taking advantage of the moment, the ground troops went into formation and pushed ahead.

“Time is not on your side anymore, don’t you think so?”

Iron chuckled as he spun his sword and pointed it at his enemy.

The Red Seductress’ expression hardened at Iron’s cheeky appearance.

The person in front of her was more demanding and taxing to deal with than a master especially since he was the Death Corps’ bane.

The North’s Saint.

The Red Seductress’ expression gradually straightened out after realizing that he came here.

― This is good.

“What’s good?”

― The fact that you, the saint, came here means that a variable has disappeared in the capital. I’m a bit surprised that you arrived earlier than expected but I’m still relieved.

They were worried that he and his troops were just trying to make a feint by heading southwards before turning around and going to the Center. But as long as Iron was here, it meant that there were no variables in the capital. It also meant that she would be able to accomplish her goal even if she died here.

― But, what a pity. I want to push that old man to his limits.

Leopold was able to hold out alone as he led the Central Army against the Death Corps. But even if he was a master, it was still quite strenuous to deal with numerous vampires and high-ranked undead. The Red Seductress was only able to force him to come all the way up to this point after deliberately targeting Leopold but Iron suddenly appeared and interrupted her.

“A pity?”

― Yeah. Truly a pity.

The Red Seductress answered Iron’s question honestly as she began to talk.

― That’s why I’m going to cut your unit in half.

“That is if you can.”

The Red Seductress’ arms swung the moment Iron taunted her. Then, all of the vampires nearby flocked to where Iron was. However, his holy power erupted wildly.

“Holy power is like poison to the undead, right?”

Iron grinned as he swung his sword and slashed the vampires that were rushing towards him.

“The same goes for vampires, right? Perhaps, you thought that I only relied on my body?”

The Red Seductress bit her lips at Iron’s words.

Just like Iron had said, his powers were their bane. So, right now, she wasn’t even at half of her original power. She was only able to push Leopold to this point by pushing back the Central Army that was solely dependent on their master. However, Iron was a completely different matter. His holy power and sanctuary was the bane of their existence.