Ch. 49 - Turning the Winter Mountains into a Mess (2)

█████████████

█████████████

I updated today because I just finished my immersion work

█████████████

After dealing with the ice goblins, Iron moved hurriedly. He did not even give his soldiers time to rest. He knew that the battle must have been very exhausting but he still ordered his soldiers to move quickly. The soldiers also had complaints in their hearts but they did not voice it out. They just moved silently under Iron’s guidance. They knew full well that staying in this place would make them a prime target for ice goblins later. It wasn’t a place that they could stay in any longer so they had to move regardless of their tiredness.

“Where are we going?”

“We’ll first go to the snow goblins’ territory.”

“Are we doing it just like we did earlier?”

“That’s right. We’ll have to do this crazy method for at least a week. That’s the only way that we can find a gap to move.”

Corporal Charles looked at Iron in doubt. He had an inkling that agitating and inducing a fight between the monsters were not their main task.

“Do we have another mission?”

Iron glanced at him for a moment. He was surprised at how quick-witted Charles was. He pondered for a while. He was thinking if he should explain it or not. In the end, all Iron could do was sigh as he opened his mouth.

“That’s right. The conflict between the monsters is not our main purpose.”

“Are… Are we looking for something?”

“Something similar.”

Iron stopped walking as he turned around and stared at the soldiers.

“Curious?”

Everyone gulped when they heard Iron’s question. They admit that they were all curious but for some reason they felt like they shouldn’t ask for more and dig any more deeper.

Iron grinned when he saw them with conflicting expressions.

“We’re looking for traces of dimensional cracks.”

“Yes?”

“Literally what I said. We are confirming if there is a sign of a monster wave. That’s our real purpose for coming here.”

Corporal Charles looked dumbfounded, from all of the answers that he was hoping to hear, he did not expect that something like that would come out of Iron’s mouth. Even the other corproals were shocked dumb at the words that they heard.

Fear, trepidation and tension started to appear on the soldiers’ faces when they heard the words monster wave coming out of Iron’s mouth. It was just the other day when they were wondering if there was something wrong about this mission that they were supposed to pioneer. But it seemed like they had been moving at the forefront of a mission that was both extremely important and extremely dangerous. A level of difficulty that was far higher than what they had initially expected.