Ch. 194/196 - Signs of Instability

█████████████

Signs of Instability (4)

█████████████

The Crown Prince briefly explained his dreams in which Iron often appeared. His dreams showed the destruction of the Empire and what was yet to come. The outcome in his dreams changed every time but there were always two things that didn’t: the fall of the Empire and the people uniting under Iron’s influence and charisma.

However, humans would eventually face the limits of their power. No matter how much mankind tried to hold its ground, their strength could not withstand the catastrophe, eventually it led to the destruction of the empire, with only the military left behind.

“Did I… die?” Iron asked calmly.

“Yours didn’t appear until the end of the dream.” The Crown Prince responded heavily after pondering about it for a moment.

Iron nodded heavily at his reply. At the very least, his death was still uncertain.

“All of the futures I had in my dream, I always witnessed mankind uniting around you after the fall of the Empire,” the Crown Prince said. It seemed like he took responsibility for the duty to watch the Empire end. That was his duty. For him, there was nothing he could do for the future of mankind.

“May I inquire a few more questions?”

The Crown Prince nodded, signaling his approval at Iron’s request. Iron inquired about the questions that had been on his mind. One, how many more ancient monsters would appear? Two, would the Gods descend themselves. Three, what was the exact cause of the Empire’s downfall. Those were the questions that Iron wanted to know.

However, the Crown Prince did not have concrete answers for his questions. The future that he had seen was limited. Only fragments of the major events kept on appearing in his dreams and there were even plenty of changes in every dream. The Crown Prince frowned as he tried his best to recall the things Iron inquired about, but his memories were blurred. The only thing that he could clearly remember was the Empire’s downfall and mankind uniting around Iron as well as the large-scale war, the rest of the details of his dreams were blurred as if they were obscured in mist.

“Hmmm…” The Crown Prince hummed, trying to recall the things that he saw in his dreams but he had a hard time doing so. In the end, all he was left with was a frustrated expression as he failed to recall the entirety of his dreams.

‘Is it a restriction?’ Iron thought, frowning.

It was clear that the scenes were intentionally obscured and manipulated so that the Crown Prince could only remember the main events.

‘I’ve got everything I need.’

Just when Iron was about to stand up, knowing that there was nothing else for him to know here, the Crown Prince continued to struggle and stammer out all of the details in his head. He tried to explain a little more further. So, Iron calmly and intently listened to the Crown Prince’s words until the end.

“Even if God’s Orb breaks, the barrier will not completely vanish.”

And in the process, he unintentionally secured valuable information. With this information, Iron was assured that this world would not become a playground for the Gods the moment the God’s Orb breaks. Iron also heard about the monsters and creatures that would trample the Empire’s land. However, the Crown Prince did not mention any divine beings. However, ancient species that could only be heard from myths and legends would appear. But from what the Crown Prince said, they were on par with the Gods.