Ch. 60 - Winter Mountains' Hero (7)

Dang Winter Mountains’ Hero is so long. I don't know when is this chapter gonna end.

Q: Do you like Bl stories?

█████████████

Winter Mountains’ Hero.

Hero. This title brought tremendous honor to whoever received it. It was only one word but this one word was what made the difference. However, the meaning of this title and its impact in the entirety of the continent was never light.

Every hero, whether they were just heroes that emerged from extremely small battles or not, would receive tremendous honor in the region that they actively fought in. At the very least, they would receive a far higher honor than the lord of the region themselves.

Right now, Iron has received the title of a hero. And he wasn’t a hero of some sort of small battle either, he was the hero among all of the elite troops in the region.

Iron had made great contributions over the past two years. He had made great contributions in the sealing of the dimensional crack, created a customized and unique tactic to deal with the void insects, hell cows and contaminated monsters, and developed tactical methods tailored for each weapon. All of his contributions were controversial, especially the tactical methods that he developed for the military weapons that were difficult to use against monsters. This topic was extremely controversial among the military scholars’ circles.

Even if Iron was only able to accomplish just one of those contributions, he could still receive special promotions. That was how enormous the contributions that Iron had made were. And even though everyone remained silent over this matter, everyone knew that Iron was also the one who played a decisive role in the discovery of the dark elves, the creatures who forcibly created the dimensional crack.

Although they did not actively talk about it, rumors still spread. After all, there were not just one or two people who had witnessed the Ghosts’ performance over those two years in the Winter Mountains. In fact, they could hide it if they wanted to but Commander Crimson just watched as the rumors spread. It was because he did not want to hide what Iron and the Ghosts did anymore.

And since all of these meritorious deeds were accomplished by Iron alone, the soldiers had dubbed him ‘Winter Mountains’ Hero’ as a form of respect for all of his accomplishments

Because of this, Iron was able to rank first in the meritorious deeds rankings and beat the Leonhardt Family Head, someone who was competing for the strongest position in the continent.

Lioner sat by the side as he stared grimly at Iron. It seemed like he did not expect to be defeated like that.

Iron had a completely refreshed and relaxed expression, an expression that was the complete opposite of Lioner’s face that looked like he ate some shit. After all, he believed that all of his accomplishments were able to prove that his decision to come to the Northeast was correct.

“I admit it. You know how to use your head well.”

After being silent for a while, Lioner spoke. And although his tone was reluctant, he still admitted Iron’s strength. This meant that he was also admitting that Iron had won their bet.

“It seems like I’m ‘free’ now.”

Lioner’s brows twitched when he heard Iron emphasizing the word free.