Ch. 136/137 - The Central Army's Collapse

█████████████

The Central Army’s Collapse (1)

█████████████

Iron hurriedly stood up and gathered the unit leaders together after hearing the communications officer’s report.

‘The Central Army has collapsed.’

This was just the single line that was written in the report handed to him by the communications officer. However, the importance of this single sentence was far greater than any other documents that he had handled.

“Is this… true?”

“I think we need to gather more details to know about the entire situation but… it’s most likely true.”

Iron replied with a sigh at Ariel’s question.

He had already looked into all the possibilities and angles thinking that the information could probably be false but no matter how much he inferred the information seemed to be true.

He ordered his unit to halt and borrowed the magic communication network of the nearby territory and contacted the troops near the Central Army. And through this, he found out that several territories surrounding the Center had requested support. The sudden influx of the Death Corps was not only affecting the Center but also the nearby territories. This was a situation that would be very difficult to happen if the Central Army did not collapse.

“…Then, what will our unit do from this point on?”

All of the leaders turned to look at Iron upon hearing Cardro’s question.

Due to the sudden collapse of the Central Army, their Special Mobile Unit was suddenly left floating. If they would base it on importance, then they should prioritize the West. However, if an abnormality appeared in the capital, then they had to go to the Center without fail.

The only question was if they could make significant results with just their brigade-level troops alone. But the issue was too serious for them to leave the Center alone. Any commander in this situation would be left without being able to do this or that.

“….We’ll abandon the Center.”

“Yes?”

“But…”

All the officers present looked at Iron in shock after hearing the decision that he made after a long time.

“Western Command is already right around the corner. It’s too late for us to turn around and go to the Center. Whether we get killed or eaten, we have to go to the West. And, communications officer…”

“Yes, sir!”

“Find out the situation in the capital.”

“I understand!”

The communications officer saluted and left the barracks after receiving Iron’s order.

“Whether we send support to the Center or not, we will decide after arriving at Western Command. Do you understand?”

“Yes, sir!”