Ch. 48 - Turning the Winter Mountains into a Mess (1)

█████████████

█████████████

Shortly after Iron led the brutal slaughter of the goblins, the ice goblins began to flock to the place where they had just been earlier.

―Kiiiik…

The eyes of the white-skinned goblins were filled with anger when they saw the bodies of their tribesmen that had been cruelly killed. Just like what its subordinate had reported, the goblins had died brutally. It seemed like it was the truth. The nasty human pretended to be ordinary and lured them to their deaths.

These clever monsters also had a bottom line. Even if they were enemies, they swore to not touch their enemies’ children. But the nasty humans used this against them and killed them off.

―Kiiiik…

The ice goblin leader also wanted to use those nasty methods to kill the humans that crossed their bottom lines. At the same time, they would show these filthy humans that they did not use guerilla warfare because they were weak.

The leader vowed to take revenge as he shouted at its comrades.

―Let’s get revenge for our comrades!

―Let’s give those nasty and filthy humans the same pain they gave to us!

―Let’s show them our greatness!

Hearing their leader’s cry, the fire in the eyes of the ice goblins started to ignite.

The goblins used sorcery to share their emotions with one another. The anger that filled their bodies intertwined and got woven together with their mana which resulted in their power increasing twice.

This sorcery could only be used under special conditions. It was something that could only be triggered if they suffered an injustice or their colleagues were killed outside the laws that they had set in the Winter Mountains. They would burn the souls and the bodies of their dead comrades and use their lingering desire for revenge to temporarily amplify their current strengths.

As the sorcery took effect, the goblins’ eyes started to turn red while their rationality slowly faded away. Only the leader maintained its sanity as it led the group of goblins forward.

“They’re coming.”

Corporal Charles reported as he watched the agitated goblin herd furiously rushing towards their location.

“Get ready.”

The soldiers quickly ran to their positions upon hearing Iron’s words.

They had settled on one of the hills in the Winter Mountains and dug a pit there. The soil dug up had been placed in bags that they used to surround their makeshift camp. They even buried some bombs near the vicinity for added protection. Maintaining this position was essential for them to be able to counter the goblins’ guerilla warfare.