Ch. 116/117 - Disorderly Troops

Thx for the 500 followers everyone. 😊🎉🎉

█████████████

Disorderly Troops (1)

█████████████

After leaving the Lion Castle Fortress through the warp gate, Iron was brought to the front lines. He could immediately see a battle taking place in front of him as soon as he arrived. The battle was so fierce that there was even one happening near the temporary warp gate.

‘I feel like I’m back in my previous life.’

The soldiers were guarding the frontlines trying their best and using every means, from rifles to magic, to prevent monsters from invading and piercing through their defenses. Their current appearance made him feel like he was brought back to the battles that he had experienced in his previous life.

Unlike in the Northeast, there were plenty of fronts that were pierced through along the length of the frontline. The soldiers were desperately trying to prevent the monsters from charging forward to the point that they were even stepping on the bodies of their fallen comrades just to stop them from moving forward.

The way they fought with the sole pursuit of maintaining the frontlines to the point that they gave up on their system was the same as what they did in his previous life when they tried to block the monster wave.

Since this place was in the rear area of the frontlines, the monsters were thankfully still not able to invade them directly. However, they were still as busy as the ones fighting in the vanguard as they moved the injured and delivered supplies.

Iron approached an officer in the midst of the loud explosions of artillery fire and magic while covering one of his ears. The military officer that was working hard on checking the supplies looked at Iron suspiciously when he approached him. This was because Iron was walking leisurely all by himself.

“Where is the special operation unit?”

The officer in charge of the warp gate looked at him before asking carefully.

“By any chance, are you Lieutenant Colonel Iron Carter?”

“That’s right.”

“Loyalty! You can go straight in that direction and you will arrive at the special operation unit.”

After the officer had informed him, Iron moved forward and went to the place where he was pointed to. When he arrived at the location, there was a battle going on.

There he saw a knight order, a ranger unit, an artillery unit and companies of soldiers all gathered together.

The problem was that they were in a mess. He could only barely make out a front even from a distance. This side was completely unlike any other fronts. Even though there were some commissioned and non-commissioned officers in their ranks, they still struggled in the battle.

This was not something that he could solve right away. So, all he did was watch them until they finished this battle. Fortunately, they did not receive any casualties since it was not a big battle and they were only temporarily filling in and protecting this pierced front.

“We greet the battalion commander!”

All of the soldiers nearby saluted at the cry of one of the officers. Ariel also saluted him as she approached him.

“Greetings! Captain Ariel Favrice, the team leader of the knight order of the special operation unit!”

“Greetings! Captain Nyx Cole of the rangers!”