Ch. 170/172 - The Defensive Battle at Command

█████████████

The Defensive Battle at Command (5)

█████████████

Iron’s expression hardened after hearing the officer’s report.

“Did you say great worm?”

“Yes, sir!”

The officer’s affirmative answer placed a dark cloud over Iron’s head.

The giant worms were monsters that had undergone and were still undergoing mutations. And those that had successfully undergone complete mutations were called great worms. This was a name that Iron had given to the newly created monsters that were teeming and lurking in the Southeast.

“Their numbers?”

“At least hundreds.”

“Aside from them, are there also giant worms?”

“That’s right.”

Iron’s expression turned solemn at the officer’s words.

“What about the armored worm?”

“There’s no sighting as of now.”

The bastards who had remained still finally began to move. This meant that they had judged that he and his army were a threat and could no longer let them run rampant.

The other mutants were very eager to expand their power and seek the other uncontaminated living things but the contaminated giant worms just sat quietly in their territory and silently sucked up the void energy in their surroundings. They ate void insects and rapidly accumulated void energy in their bodies before repeatedly undergoing evolution.

Giant worms were originally extremely lazy creatures. They preferred and enjoyed lying down on the ground and gaining weight. So, why would these extremely indolent creatures move out of their original territory and come all the way to where they were?

‘They’re probably looking for a fight.’

It seemed like one of the reasons for their move was because they felt threatened by Iron’s continuous expansion of his Field Army Command so they could no longer maintain their wait and see attitude. However, moving at this point in time could also mean that they were already confident enough and believed that they had a high chance of winning against them.

‘Are the great worms the source of their confidence?’

Iron pondered deeply and was lost in his thoughts.

If it was just the giant worms, then Iron’s incomplete field army could at least find them to be worthy opponents. But there were also hundreds of great worms. Just this number was enough to devour and lay an entire corps to waste.

However, the most problematic opponent was the giant armored worm that led them.

The fact that hundreds of great worms had emerged from the depths of the forest meant that the giant armored worm was able to tone down its greed to some extent. It seemed like the fight that they fought before had made it realize that it was difficult to face Iron with just its power alone so it decided to distribute more void energy to its subordinates.

‘Dangerous.’

Iron instinctively felt the danger and immediately ordered the officer to place Command in the highest risk alert.

Their walls were still not yet completed and their major buildings still needed more time to be finished. His troops might have fought a lot of monsters during their stay here in the Southeast and had become skilled elite soldiers. However, they had still not reached their level’s perfection. In addition, they were exhausted from continuous battles and were only barely able to take a breather. In other words, they were still not prepared.