Ch. 87/89 - Alliance and Betrayal

█████████████

Alliance and Betrayal (1)

█████████████

The atmosphere in the commander’s office had turned heavy after the Eastern Commander welcomed the Lion Family Head with open arms.

The Fourth Prince and the two tower masters were all frowning at their miscalculation. While the commanders of the North and Northeast sported stiff expressions after not being informed in advance about the Lion Family’s participation. The only person who was leisurely was the Lion Family Head. He even glanced at Iron with a smirk as if he was telling him that things were quite fun right now.

The Eastern Commander was already sweating bullets from the heavy atmosphere and pressure created by these frowning people but the Lion Family Head was just sitting there and enjoying the situation.

And a few days later…

The Eastern Command was in a buzz after hearing that the Lion Family would be joining in their operations. Since the Lion Family was scheduled to participate in the fight to stop the dimensional crack that was set to open in the Ghost Island, the attention of everyone in the Empire was drawn to the East.

By then, rumors had already started to circulate that the scale of the dimensional crack in the Ghost Island was huge and was the first of this size to be ever recorded in history. Evidence also came out at the same time to prove the rumors. They did not know where the evidence came from but it spread widely through the newspapers.

Another rumor also started to spread. Rumors about the East having forces, like the witch and the dark elves back in the Northeast, behind the dimensional crack began to spread far and wide. The force assumed to be behind the opening of a dimensional crack was the mermaid race. They were a race that had been destroyed by the Empire a long time ago but it seemed like they had resurfaced to open the dimensional crack as a form of revenge.

Because of this, the Empire’s entire attention was directed towards Eastern Command. Even numerous newspaper companies sent their ace reporters to follow the news.

And today!

Plenty of reporters had gathered together under Richard Burton’s leadershipfor a press conference.

“Are you certain that the mermaids are the culprits for the dimensional crack?”

“I’m about 70% sure on this matter.”

Richard Burton answered the reporter with a solemn look on his face.

“Then, do you know how many mermaids have survived?”

“I’m not certain about their total number. But there’s one thing that we’re certain about. According to the expert from the Northeast, the dimensional crack here in the East is most likely going to develop at a fairly dangerous level.”

“Ah… By any chance, is the expert you’re talking about Lieutenant Colonel Iron Carter?”

The reporter’s eyes glowed upon hearing Richard Burton. The information would be extremely reliable if it came from the Northeast’s Hero. Although he was mentioned all the time in the capital, it was hard for them to cover any news about him since he was never sent out of the Northeast and because of his status as a Ghost. Perhaps that was the reason why the reporter’s eyes were glowing fiercely.

Everyone was looking at Richard Burton with anticipation. It seemed like they were looking at him as if he did a very great job here in the East.

“That’s right. The Eastern Ghost Island’s dimensional crack is currently known to be related to a divine beast. And I believe that Lieutenant Colonel Iron Carter is second to none in the Empire when talking about both of these topics.”