Ch. 69/71 - Deal with the Witch

Ok so I was not supposed to update today because I'm searching for work, I can't go to college yet. So I decided find work with my friends but it got canceled and move tomorrow.

█████████████

Deal with the Witch (1)

█████████████

The Ghosts gulped knowing that they would face a lot of risks in this path that Carl Gustav had decided. They quickly fired a yellow flare to confirm the appearance of a dimensional crack before entering into serious and detailed discussions of their tactical plans.

They hoped to break through all at once but it was nigh impossible especially with the overwhelming amount of void insects in the vicinity.

‘How unfortunate that there are no hell cows.’

Iron felt a bit regretful that the ‘heroes’ of Winter Mountains, the hell cows, were not in this place. But just as regret was starting to seep in, his heart started pounding wildly once again as if to remind him of what he needed to do.

Perhaps it was because the witch believed that the void insects were more than enough to deal with the Ghosts that she did not place any specter, ghost trees or dolls to block their path. Their journey was unexpectedly smooth but it would have gone smoother if the void insects were not present.

“Did we go the wrong way?”

“But the direction is correct.”

Iron answered Carl Gustav solemnly.

They killed as much as possible but the void insects were still crawling around endlessly. What was worse was the fact that the contaminated mana in the surrounding area was getting worse the deeper they went in the forest.

The only silver lining was knowing that they were on the right path. After all, these phenomena meant that they were getting closer and closer to the dimensional crack.

‘And this pounding…’

Iron could feel the energy that stimulated and made his heart pound getting stronger the more they moved in this direction.

“We should move silently like this.”

Carl stepped lightly on a tree branch as he said so. The Ghosts immediately followed his example. They stealthily jumped from one tree to the other while suppressing their mana to the minimum just so they could avoid the detection of the void insects.

Even if the Ghost was a special task force that was specialized in killing monsters, they were still a group that could use stealth and infiltrate when necessary. Iron had also received intensive training to hone his skills in stealth after he finished all of his work in the Winter Mountains.

However, no matter how stealthy they could move, they weren’t professional assassins. There was a limit to what they could do under the cover of darkness. Although they wanted to continue moving forward like this, they had no choice but to stop. The empty lot in front of them was teeming with void insects. They were well aware that they would not be able to pass through this area undetected unless they were the assassins specialized in stealth.

“I believe this is the end of our flower path?”

“Tch! A hard path suddenly appeared.”

Billie Brandt clicked his tongue at Lintel as he pulled his sword out. The other Ghosts also pulled out their swords under the cover of darkness. But as soon as they injected their mana…