Ch. 90/91 - Sea Catastrophe

█████████████

Sea Catastrophe (1)

█████████████

Iron heard the notifications about the Eastern Command being taken down. It was quite shocking news so he was wondering if he should be the one to let the others know. Fortunately, he was able to shake the responsibility off of his shoulders when the other-worlders delivered the news themselves. Soon enough, the news spread to the entire fleet headed towards Ghost Island.

“Did the Eastern Command… really fall?”

“Impossible!”

“Command has been taken down by pirates?”

The Eastern Army was suddenly agitated. They couldn’t decide if they should turn the main fleet around or continue to head towards Ghost Island right now…

The Eastern Commander in charge of the main fleet that was taking the subjugation forces to Ghost Island was left in Command and the officer in charge of the fleet had no authority to turn the fleet around and order around the two commanders, the family heads and the tower masters. In the end, they were stuck in a situation where they couldn’t do things the way they wanted. They were forced to move and advance towards Ghost Island. But the longer they travelled, the more nervous the soldiers felt.

In the end, they were divided into two sides. One side wanted to turn back and one side wanted to advance forward. A fierce fight even broke out between the two. Some argued that there would be a problem with their supply if the Eastern Command was taken over by the enemies. While some argued that the prevention and sealing of the dimensional crack took precedence and that they couldn’t waste the sacrifice of the Eastern Command.

Both of the sides made sense so the officer-in-charge could not decide at all. All they could do was to use the magic communication tool non-stop and try to connect to Command. However, even if they continued to try making contact, no one answered. And just when this fact was about to be used as evidence that the Command had truly gone down…

The magic communication tool lit up. Everyone looked eagerly at the communication tool.

“Who received the message?!”

Everyone turned nervously at the communication tool after hearing Crimson’s question. This was because there was a risk that it was a pirate or a mermaid who answered them.

This is Captain Daniel Cevaior.

Crimson asked in relief after hearing Daniel’s answer.

“What’s the current situation in Eastern Command?”

—…I will make it brief. The situation is not good right now, sir.

Daniel stopped talking after saying those words. Hearing the sound of the artillery and bombs exploding from afar, it seemed like a fight was still in full swing. Everyone trembled as they gulped nervously waiting for Daniel’s next words.

After a while, Daniel opened his mouth once again.

The current situation in the Eastern Command is not good. The major buildings and symbols of the Eastern Command had been bombed and burned down. After checking with the other-worlders, it seemed like their ‘system’ is saying that the Eastern Command has fallen…

“We know that.”

Daniel turned silent after hearing Crimson’s words before speaking as if he remembered something.