Ch. 166/169 - The Defensive Battle at Command

There's 7 part of this chapter and it's long so the 5, 6, 7 will be on Sunday.

█████████████

The Defensive Battle at Command (1)

█████████████

Iron immediately prepared to leave the capital after receiving his official appointment letter as a commander.

When someone was appointed as a commander, they originally had to do a lot of things including greeting and meeting with various officials. Even if they loathe the idea, they had to dine with the ministers and attend the parties held by the Emperor and the Imperial Family just so their Command could receive support. It would usually take a month or two for them to finish all of these schedules.

But that was something that was required when the Central Government was still intact. What was more, they were in a war situation.

He used the excuse of being in a hurry as he quickly discussed the support that his new Command would receive with the ministers before leaving quickly to avoid being caught by the Imperial Palace.

According to the Imperial Law, the commander of the army would have absolute power during war situations. So, right now, most of the authority and decision making were in the hands of the commander. Even when the Imperial Palace was at its strongest, the Emperor had to take a step back and give way to the commanders. That was how the Commander's Judgment was respected in war situations.

So, even if Iron rudely left the capital and only stayed there for half a day, they really couldn't say anything. There was nothing they could do. After all, they had been pushed back by their favorite reason, justification. They also did not have the power to pressure him and stop him from ignoring their presence since he did not violate the law at all.

"The Center has now fallen into the abyss."

"Hooo... What's more, they are still in a political dispute despite being in this situation..."

"There's no hope in this place."

The scholars looked at Iron as soon as he appeared outside the Imperial Palace.

Since his destination was the Southeast he did not need to use the warp gate, so he headed out of the Imperial Palace to go to the Sky Tower. However, all of the people who saw him come out immediately flocked towards him.

The scholars could not hide their bitterness at all when they saw the crowd flock towards Iron, the person hailed as the Empire's best hero. It was, in fact, not an exaggeration for them to say that the Empire's power was determined by these so-called heroes. That was the reason why the masses would always argue and fight over how many heroes each region had nurtured.

There were 100 such people selected by the newspaper companies who shone brightly in the Empire during this period. The problem was that there was no one who came from the capital. It was only natural since even the Central Commander had left the capital.

Because of this, the Empire's Center was gradually falling into the abyss.

"Perhaps... the Empire that has not changed in the past hundreds of years... is finally going to usher changes."

Everyone looked at the old scholar after they heard his words. The old scholar pointed to one side.

There was a poster hand-written with red paint pasted on the walls. The paper was posted by the protesting students asking for the Empire to change. The words that were written on the large posters were the same. It was none other than the word 'revolution'.