Ch. 36 - Young Outpost Leader (2)

█████████████

█████████████

There were a lot of complex reasons why the Northeast Army Commander, Crimson, brought Iron to this place. It was mainly because of the divine beast but he also wanted him to take a look if there were signs of a monster wave in this place. He also wanted to use whatever Iron would report to find if the suspicious phenomenon currently occurring in the entire Northeast had something or someone behind it. He was looking beyond the monster wave.

“First of all, we’re not sure when this mission will end. But I hope this ends before the monster wave begins but… it’s hard to assume.”

Iron smiled bitterly when he heard Gustav’s words. He was speaking knowing full well that their situation was dire.

“I’m fully aware that the difficulty of this mission is high. Don’t overdo it and just focus first on getting used to your unit for now. Understand?”

“I understand.”

“Good. Then, finish moving into the special search unit and move right away.”

“Yes! Loyalty.”

Iron gave his salute and went outside. Gustav stared at the door for a while before mumbling to himself.

“Hoo… Is this the right thing…”

Gustav sighed deeply.

He lamented the fact that he did not have a divine beast or the abilities equipped with someone who made a contract with such a beast. The fact that a new recruit with the power of a divine beast came to them was something that he welcomed. After all, his existence was much more precious than someone who only had spiritual powers. However, it bothered him that they needed to appoint someone so young to such a tough place and even give him a difficult mission.

“If I just look at the report, I think he’ll do well but…”

He was worried for the young outpost leader. He did not know if the extremely proud elite soldiers would receive the boy well.

Gustav had experienced difficult missions as a Ghost but he couldn’t help but feel heavy when this young officer was assigned to a rough spot with a difficult mission.

█████████████

Iron moved to his post and left behind the captain of Ghost and the special search team unit behind.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Jack Doyle, the vice outpost leader of the 4th Outpost.”

“Nice to meet you. I’m Iron Carter. This time, I will be the person in charge of this outpost.”

Iron smiled and shook hands with the vice outpost leader who came and greeted him.

“Are we going to ride the drake to get to the outpost?”